2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

hes just wearing a throwback tshirt with the old logo...

if the logo was 20 years old dated, you'd all think he was an awesome sports logo nerd like we are. maybe he just really likes the old logo?

it's a tshirt and it's practice, for god's sake.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the contrary, if you watched the Dolphins on Hard Knocks last year, many of the players and coaches were still wearing old Reebok gear in workouts and meetings. I've seen players from several teams, including rookies this year, wearing old Reebok practice t-shirts and shorts.

I can see where that might happen the first year. It might take time to get the new gear to all the teams. Usually even if they did use another brand's gear they would have to cover up the logo and put on a Nike logo. However, there is no way Nike would allow that to happen going in to the second year.

I agree with the premise behind your argument, but what has played out over the league is the opposite. Teams are still handing out old Reebok gear to rookies and players in mini camps. Contractually, it should not be happening, but it is. Frequently.

The Reebok logos are at least covered up right? I haven't seen anyone wearing Reebok gear with visible logos. Each time I've seen it the Reebok logo has been covered up and a Nike logo had been added.

Not on the t-shirts/sweats that have been given to players, no. On on-field jerseys and shorts, yes.

Am I the only one who thinks the Titans should go back to navy as their primary color? Their light blue jersey isn't good for a full time usage.

That's the minimum necessary change if they want to push their overall look out of the bottom ten in the NFL. The white over sky blue over navy blue (with navy blue sox just to rub in some extra salt) has been a nauseating combination from the start. But if it were up to me, I go with a bigger makeover than that.

It's time.

Titans white over columbia blue is the best look they've had since getting to Nashville. That said, their columbia blue over navy is their worst...

Its time to move navy to tertiary status, and be a columbia blue and white team. I'd also accept red in place of navy for nostalgia, but I'm not a stickler about it.

Yeah, I'm not saying their old white/navy/white look was amazing, or anything... just that it's miles better than the white/sky blue/navy garbage. I'd like to see what white/sky blue/white would look like on a regular basis, (within their current set, that would probably be the nicest choice) but they seem rather determined not to let that combo see the field, for some reason. I think they have worn every conceivable combination of their 3 jerseys and 3 pants at some point in their history, but never that one, to my recollection. I'd be curious to know why. I know it's been speculated here that they avoid it because that was the primary home combo of the Houston Oilers, but that doesn't make sense to me... white/white/sky blue was the primary road combo of the Oilers and the Titans have no problem wearing that.

As I said, I'd like to see them start fresh. There hasn't been a light blue helmet in the NFL since the Oilers wore one in the 60's, unless I'm having a complete brain fart and forgetting someone. Light blue helmet, jersey, and socks with white pants... add some bright red trim and keep the navy to a minimum... that would be an original look with some real potential.

EDIT- I apologize for gumming up a non-concept thread with a concept, but I just realized I was describing a Titans' concept I posted some months ago...

TITAN1_zps6ba82149.png

Saw this in an Eastbay catalog I got today. Looks like the Ravens may be ditching the toilet seat collars also.

0uyd.jpg

Yep. Already been confirmed.

Know of any other teams that are confirmed to be ditching the toilet-seat collars for the upcoming season?

I'm referring to that storied team from Western NY ... gawd I hate those damn collars!

Yes - we've already confirmed the Bills, Ravens, Redskins and Bucs. Broncos are going full collars.

You sure about Tampa ditching the collars? I hope to god your right.

Saw this in an Eastbay catalog I got today. Looks like the Ravens may be ditching the toilet seat collars also.

Yep. Already been confirmed.

Know of any other teams that are confirmed to be ditching the toilet-seat collars for the upcoming season?

I'm referring to that storied team from Western NY ... gawd I hate those damn collars!

Yes - we've already confirmed the Bills, Ravens, Redskins and Bucs. Broncos are going full collars.

You sure about Tampa ditching the collars? I hope to god your right.

I havent heard anything about the Rams, so im assuming theyre keeping them?

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Have we also confirmed the Chargers?

chargersnew.jpg

Here's Manti Te'o sporting the new Chargers uni, sans toilet seat collar:

clint+eastwood+face.jpg

Looks terrific without any white on the collar.

http://butattheendoftheday.com/2013/04/22/more-and-more-nfl-teams-are-dropping-nikes-toilet-seat-necklace/

"According to Nike’s online shop page, they’ve photoshopped some gametime images with updates to the collar design. By my count, the Buccaneers, Ravens, Bills, Broncos and Chargers are the teams changing. The Saints, Rams and Bengals are keeping their toilet seat look and the Redskins white jerseys were not revealed. The Cardinals’ jersey is also unknown due to the picture."

chargersnew.jpg

clint+eastwood+face.jpg

Those pants look silly without pads.

chargersnew.jpg

clint+eastwood+face.jpg

Aren't all players required to wear pads in their pants starting this year. Or is that starting 2014?

chargersnew.jpg

clint+eastwood+face.jpg

Aren't all players required to wear pads in their pants starting this year. Or is that starting 2014?

This year. But this is just for a photoshoot.

Go A's!

On 6/18/2013 at 8:19 AM, ColeJ said:

hes just wearing a throwback tshirt with the old logo...

if the logo was 20 years old dated, you'd all think he was an awesome sports logo nerd like we are. maybe he just really likes the old logo?

it's a tshirt and it's practice, for god's sake.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the Chargers' website also confirms the team is altering its socks. There will now be a yellow stripe halfway up the navy socks.

Huh? That's hard to picture. Will it be just a thin stripe or a changover in color, like the Dolphins' new secondary sock? If the latter, that would be a big help with the dark pants.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the Chargers' website also confirms the team is altering its socks. There will now be a yellow stripe halfway up the navy socks.

Huh? That's hard to picture. Will it be just a thin stripe or a changover in color, like the Dolphins' new secondary sock? If the latter, that would be a big help with the dark pants.

Not hard at all. The Broncos do it.

Von-Miller-vs-Tampa-Bay.jpg

Go A's!

Archived