2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... matches the helmet logo.

Overly "matchy" has never been either a positive attribute or a worthwhile goal to my eyes. The 49ers uninspired current wordmark is proof positive of that.

I know it was designed by a poster here, but the task was always doomed to fail. Letters in isolation have entirely different representative needs than a wordmark. It would be like trying to give the Packers an entire alphabet of oval-shaped letters or re-writing the Yankees script using those Tiffany letters as a guide. Awful.

A little more insight into the Rams future uniform ideas... http://www.turfshowt...re-ramsondemand

There are no current plans to overhaul the uniforms in the next few years, but I do envision the Club embarking upon a uniform re-design by the end of the decade...to make any uniform changes for a third uniform takes at least two years and the process begins immediately after the 2013 season, so we will have to make a decision on whether to alter the throwbacks by January if we want them to change in 2015. It has not been discussed for that time frame but that's not to say it won't be discussed before then.

Do those statements seem contradictory to anyone else? First the reference to "no plans in the next few years" and "by the end of the decade", but then not ruling out that next season could be the last season for the current uniforms.

Yeah, A Rams message board I frequent has had chat sessions with Demoff in the past and his answers are always the same, almost pre-prapared as far as uniforms go. I'm hoping he's being coy about a change that's coming sooner rather than later.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Just switch back to gold pants and the Rams will jump from the bottom looks in the NFL to somewhere in the middle. It was nice once or twice a season to see a white or blue pants combo, but ditching the gold was the wrong move.

In general I wasn't a fan of the late 90s and early 00s trend of side panels on jerseys, but the one team for whom it worked was the Rams. It tied the glitziness of their shoulder stripe in to the gold pants. Without that, the jersey was too drab, and it became a chunk of solid navy above a chunk of solid gold on the pants.

Before:

Football%20NFL%20-%20Campioni%20Kurt%20Warner.jpghakim.jpg

After:

st-louis-rams-rb-stephen-jackson.jpg250px-Steven-Jackson-vs49ers-Nov-18-2007.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

It totally worked for the Rams, because their pants were solid gold, so there was no misaglined stripes like you see so often with designs like the last Bills' set, the current Patriots', and the former Vikings' set (which was all sorts of messed up, since the white pants were specifically designed to not match the white jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, A Rams message board I frequent has had chat sessions with Demoff in the past and his answers are always the same, almost pre-prapared as far as uniforms go. I'm hoping he's being coy about a change that's coming sooner rather than later.

What's that word mean?

Go A's!

anybody know if the Giants are getting a new word mark? I ask b/c Uniwatch had a link to Starter jackets coming back and they showed a few teams, all with their authentic word mark but the Giants had a different font/word mark used. Was wondering if this was new or just a generic font used for their jacket.

anybody know if the Giants are getting a new word mark? I ask b/c Uniwatch had a link to Starter jackets coming back and they showed a few teams, all with their authentic word mark but the Giants had a different font/word mark used. Was wondering if this was new or just a generic font used for their jacket.

This one?

giants1.jpeg

It's a throwback to their 1980s design:

278814_display_image.jpg

The Jags put up this commercial featuring the new unis in "action" for the first time recently. Didn't see it around, thought I'd do the honors.

Sure, the all-black isn't as good as the black-atop-white, but, I swear, these could have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling helmets!

The Jags put up this commercial featuring the new unis in "action" for the first time recently. Didn't see it around, thought I'd do the honors.

Sure, the all-black isn't as good as the black-atop-white, but, I swear, these could have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling helmets!

the black portion of the helmet seems to be more and more dominant as time goes on...looks like over 50% now.

Yeah, that's an odd one. My first read was that you could remove the closing seconds VO, and it's an ad for HD TVs, bringing all the action to you.

Then I looked at it again and it struck me that all the in-game distractions - cheerleaders, morons with drums, those stupid tshirt cannons - that :censored: is annoying and you're better off without having to be bothered by it all.

Either way, it's a strange choice.

Archived