Parts of a uniform you associate a player with

GriffinM6

I got the idea for this from the Nike NFL unifroms thread when people said that Tom Brady changing his helmet was weird, because his old helmet was iconic.

I associate Ben Roethlisberger with the glove on his throwing hand during freezing cold games.

108481305_display_image.jpg?1296453199

I always think of Peyton Manning when I think of the Revo helmet. He's easily the best player to ever wear the type of helmet, and I believe was the first big time star to use it.

indianapolis-colts-vs-green-bay-packers-10-17-2008.jpg

When I think of Troy Polamalu, well this one explains itself.

troy-polamalu.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Player with the single-bar face mask since he was the last to use it (I think):

9517604-large.jpg

Barry Bonds and his armor:

bondsbrace.jpg

And even though he only wore if for a little while, David Wright and the Great Gazoo helmet:

large_gazoo.jpg

As a relative youngster, for me the helmet/cage hybrid mask is a toss-up between Hasek and Osgood, but as the years roll on, I think Hasek will ultimately be the one who comes to mind when I think of that style of mask.

dominik-hasek-helmet.jpg?w=460

Since the thread's probably, by necessity, going to move in the uniform accessory direction, I also always associate Henrik Lundqvist with the white gloves he wears underneath his hockey gloves, as well as with his chunky blue neck-guard.

20120514_kkt_ag9_229_extra_large_huge.jpg

Chris Sabo and goggles:

sabo-chris_1.jpg

Ray Bentley and makeup (before John Randle)

ka748.jpg

Deion Sanders and all of his accoutrement:

redskins17.jpg

(Seriously -- why did Deion bring his entire locker with him on the field?)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Many have come since, but I always think of Dre Bly as the first instance of the "bike shorts" football pants:

drebly.jpg

And of course there's the jersey tucked in on one side that's synonymous with Wayne Gretzky:

Numerology-Wayne-Gretzky.jpg

Many hockey goalie masks could probably fit in this category too.

Kane chomping on his mouthpiece:

nhl10kane.jpg

Walter Payton/Jim McMahon - white headband

jim_mcmahon.jpg

g221621_u82288_WalterPayton_lrg.jpg

Chris Hovan: football tanktop

c4s_hovan060909_71315c.jpg

Reggie Miller: finger tape

reggie-Miller1-294x300.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

As a diehard Husker, I used to get so sick of looking at The 'Boz and his neck roll.

BrianBosworth-biopic2.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Speaking of neck rolls--and spectacles, for that matter...

Ericdickerson.jpg

And for whoever it was that mentioned tape, well...there was one guy who may as well have owned stock in it:

Art_Shell.jpg

(That's Art Shell, for those not in the know.)

And then there's Bryan Cox, he of the famous "headboard":

bryan_cox1.png

bryan_cox3.jpg

And the "other thing" he used to always do:

bryan_cox2.jpg

And, just as bonus fun...since we're speaking of backwards headgear, I'll just leave this here.

larrywalker_display_image.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived