2012-13 MLB Off-Season Thread

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arencibia isn't much of a prize.

Well I know AA won't part with d'Arnaud. Or he might.

If I was the Sandy Alderson that deal is not happening without d'Arnaud coming back to New York.

When your trading one of the best pitchers in baseball at a bargain price to a team that could potentially win the World Series with him added to the rotation, your not doing it to just get A ball level prospects in return. Outside of d'Arnaud that's really all the Jays have at this point.

Rumblings are that, while a deal will not be done tonight, that d'Arnaud and Gose are on the table.

So long as it's not Dickey AND Niese going north of the border I'd make this trade not knowing what else the Mets are giving up in addition to Dickey (it won't be Harvey/Wheeler so honestly, what else do they have? den Dekker? Take him.).

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I hate the Wilpons so much

OK...but this is a good baseball move. Cy Young or no Cy Young. Fan Favorite or not, you're potentially trading a 38 year old pitcher for a blue chip prospect. Dickey isn't 28. He's 38. He'll NEVER have more value than he does right now.

You make this trade every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

All you bitch about is how bad the Mets are and blah blah blah, now they have a great chance to help their future and you're crapping all over them. Which is it? They're not going anywhere in 2013 w/ Dickey...

I hate the Wilpons so much

I don't understand why so many Mets fans are against moving Dickey for prospects. Especially a blue chipper like d'Arnaud.

Tank != So many Met fans

So he's allowed to just randomly insult the Cardinals/St. Louis, but we can't reply back?

Glad Reds fans don't have some complex of their own.

Besides, it was aimed at Mings for his ignorant remark.

I dunno, you could maybe ignore it? He wasn't talking about you, just the city and team.

Just the team. St. Louis as a city is pretty cool.

Except for McCall. He is still pissy that I gave him :censored: for proposing to a dude (even as a joke). Seriously, if you can't take some ribbing on your team, don't dish it out.

R.A. Dickey is an innings eater the Mets have the worst bullpen in baseball and a young staff. This is the type of pitcher who can pitch til he is 50 and take pressure of Harvey, Niese, Gee and Wheeler

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

R.A. Dickey is an innings eater the Mets have the worst bullpen in baseball and a young staff. This is the type of pitcher who can pitch til he is 50 and take pressure of Harvey, Niese, Gee and Wheeler

I understand that. Let's be honest, 2012 was sort of magical for him. He's NEVER going to have that type of season again. He's NEVER going to have more value than he will right now. The Mets will be better off in the long-run dealing him.

He's a great guy, great teammate, so likeable and easy to root for. He's also the best trade chip we have and it makes sense.

I'd wish him all the best should this trade actually come to fruition.

Yeah me too but I dont want to get another Ryan Thompson or Alex Ochoa

The Mets always seem to get screwed in these trades and i think the Mets should holdout for the best players and at least let him tart the season in New York

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah me too but I dont want to get another Ryan Thompson or Alex Ochoa

The Mets always seem to get screwed in these trades and i think the Mets should holdout for the best players and at least let him tart the season in New York

Sometimes you have to take risks to reap rewards. Be honest: the Mets aren't going anywhere in 2013 or 2014. Why not try then?

Wow. How does signing a 3rd/4th starter for 5 years and $15 mil a year help a rebuilding team which won't compete for at least another year? Did Theo let Hendry make this signing for old time's sake?

Looks like Sanchez and Danny Haren are going to be the big splashes of the Cubs' rescinded pitching rotation.

Haren signed with the Nats over a week ago.

Archived