2012-13 MLB Off-Season Thread

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rafael Soriano to the Nats. 2 years 28 mil, definitely will close with that type of dough.

Storen probably will become the 8th inning guy, with possibly Clippard in the 7th? Although none of those 3 are lefties. Solid lefty reliever appears to be the only real hole for the Natties. Jury's still out on how Bill Bray will do.

Nats pitching looks downright filthy now, on paper at least.

I agree with you that all that’s missing is a solid lefty reliever. Hopefully that issue is resolved either in Spring Training or at the start of the season.

Rafael Soriano to the Nats. 2 years 28 mil, definitely will close with that type of dough.

Storen probably will become the 8th inning guy, with possibly Clippard in the 7th? Although none of those 3 are lefties. Solid lefty reliever appears to be the only real hole for the Natties. Jury's still out on how Bill Bray will do.

This signing was a surprise to me. All that I've been reading is the Nationals need a lefty and then they sign a 33-year old right-hander? The team has signed a few lefties to minor league contracts (presumably with invitations to spring training) so maybe they're hoping some of those guys pan out. Or possibly going for a bit more bullpen depth to make some some pieces expendable to sweeten the Michael Morse sweepstakes pot.

Either way, IN RIZZO WE TRUST!

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Brian Wilson won't ready on Opening Day. Really, he wasn't ready to pitch on Opening Day last year, either, so maybe now he's learning to listen to his body. He wanted the Giants to pay him 8 million for this season, so at least they didn't give in to that.

Brian Wilson worked out for the Mets and did not look good

Yeah, I was a little surprised that he didn't get more attention but now its starting to make more sense.

He may very well never pitch again and if he does he's going to put on a Mariano type inning count. So unless your looking at him as a setup man there's no point in signing him because he can't come out as a middle reliever. That only limits him to teams that are really desperate for bullpen help, like the Mets, but if even the Mets are unwilling to touch him that should tell you how much his stock has fallen. He may have to resort to taking a non roster invite in order to make it back to the majors.

Michael Morse reportedly being traded to Seattle.

http://curlyw.mlblog...0550683248-1067

I don't like this trade, especially if the Nats are reacquiring a prospect that they traded away last season.

Why not? They know what kind of pitcher they're getting and it was said they were pretty high on him to begin with. They gave him up for Gio Gonzalez so it's not like he was traded for some career minor leaguer.

I don't like this trade, especially if the Nats are reacquiring a prospect that they traded away last season.

Traded for Gio. Cole was the #3 prospect in the A's system last year and the #4 prospect in Washington's the year prior. He's got upside. And I the Nats get another prospect in Black Treinen and a PTBNL. Getting three prospects for a guy that had no spot on the team is a deal I'm okay with.

I'll miss Morse and would've like him to stay, but once LaRoche was signed, it was over.

May the Beast roam free in Seattle.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Why not? They know what kind of pitcher they're getting and it was said they were pretty high on him to begin with. They gave him up for Gio Gonzalez so it's not like he was traded for some career minor leaguer.

I think you're right. I will miss Morse's bat and power, however, not so much his fielding and base running abilities. I was holding out hope that Morse would be able to contribute as a starter this year (if 100% healthy), but once LaRoche was re-signed, then his chances were pretty slim of staying here. In addition, I would have preferred it if the Nats acquired either Danny Hultzen or James Paxton (both LHP relivers prospects) from the Mariners instead of Blake Treinen from the A's.

Phillies sign Delmon Young. 1yr 750k.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

http://www.wcpo.com/...5-all-star-game

Cincinnati looks like its going to host the 2015 All-Star Game! I can hear the angels singing hallelujah right now.

Good for Cincinnati, but its not like they waited that long 27 years is a fair time between All-Star Games.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived