2012-13 MLB Off-Season Thread

I'm excited. It's a great ballpark and it'll be cool to have that much focus on our little city. Maybe if the NHL does the right thing and gives Columbus the all-star game back then Ohio will have two ASG's in one calendar year. That would be cool.

My roommate had the thought that if the Home Run derby isn't completely played out by 2015, then Great American Ballpark will be the thing that kills any interest left in it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steroids leaving baseball is what's killing the Home Run Derby.

Ture

Correct.

Looks so weird without "Shea Stadium" preceding it.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I do not like this trade at all. I have no idea what Towers is doing, but it seems like any shot of offense the Diamondbacks have they are trading it away for subpar players. I guarantee you the Dbacks will lose 97 games next season.

I do not like this trade at all. I have no idea what Towers is doing, but it seems like any shot of offense the Diamondbacks have they are trading it away for subpar players. I guarantee you the Dbacks will lose 97 games next season.

From what I can tell the D'Backs didn't have much of a choice but to trade Upton.

I think he had become a malcontent there and made no bones about it that he wanted out. If you think he could have gotten more then Martin Prado then I think its justified to criticize Towers, but I don't think you knock him for trading Justin Upton because I don't think he had much of a choice.

I wouldn't be too worried about the D'Backs. Martin Prado isn't exactly chop liver. He's a .300 hitter that can play multiple infield positions as well as left field. They still have Miguel Montero, they still have Paul Goldschmidt, they still have Gerardo Parra, they still have Aaron Hill. Even without Upton they are far from being a bad offense.

They also have one of the best young pitching staffs in all of baseball.

I don't know if its going to be enough to catch the Dodgers or Giants, but this isn't a team that's going to lose 97 games and if they do, not trading Justin Upton was going to change much, because having him will not add 16 wins to your record. If you want to see a team with no direction in the NL West, I'd look at the Rockies. I'd still rank the Astros as the worst run team in baseball, but the Rockies have to be a close second and may even overtake Houston by the end of the year for that distinction.

Unfortuantley they had to do the deal. The relationship was shattered, and Upton will find success in Atlanta.

The DBacks will be just fine. Solid starting pitching, top 5 bullpen. Offense will still struggle, Im counting on Goldy to pick it up, Montero will be right there, Kubel, Prado, Hill will have his moments. Arizona will be just fine.

DLWatt.png

And the Diamondbacks are now trying to trade for Rick Porcello, newly acquired Nick Ahmed they received from Atlanta and a couple prospects they have wanted to trade to the Tigers in an original trade and they would receive Porcello and another unnamed player on the current roster. Maybe they have hope after all.

Atlanta just got closer to Washington.

Which is the better outfield?Harper, Span and Werth or Upton, Upton and Heyward?

I'd take Up-Up-and-a-Hey[ward] in that battle. Werth's not...uh....worth (no pun intended) the money he's making, and it seems like he might be injury prone.

By the way, I really hope Up-Up-and-a-Hey[ward] catches on. I'd like to think I came up with it, but considering it took me all of 5 seconds to do so, I have my doubts.

Archived