2012-13 MLB Off-Season Thread

I'm curious who's going to be traded now. Its pretty clear that Bourjos, Trumbo or Morales are being traded for a starter. My money's on Bourjos, as he has the most value, and DiPoto said Trumbo os probably staying put. Then again, DiPoto said the team was set last week.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While all this looks good on paper, I'm looking at the Miami Marlins Part Deux. Both the Dodgers and Angels have assembled players, but not a team. As a fan of both teams, this is setting up for collosal failure. Everyone thougth bringing in Pujols and Wilson last year would make the Angels contenders, and all it did was make them bad, really bad. I really doubt anything is going to change with them. As far as the Dodgers go, again it's just a collection of players. Your big move was to bring in two pitchers who have question marks. Stop and think about Greinke and what he did last year for the Angels, pretty much nothing. Then you turn around and bring in a Korean pitcher that is suppose to do something and you paid close to $10 million (per year - I'm including the posting fee in those numbers) for a 3rd or 4th starter? Look, when you want to look at teams that win championships, the build from within. The Dodgers aren't doing that and neither are the Angels. The Angels have no pitching whatsoever that they've developed, that's really bad. The Dodgers pitching that they developed, Kershaw. I know some people would say Billingsly, but truthfully he hasn't developed into anything but the next Ervin Santana. But to answer Shumway's question as far as trade value. Trumbo is clearly the most tradeable followed by Morales (to an AL team as a DH) and Bourjos who is just another guy with speed that has very little skills and those you can find in every minor league organization.

Umm, Jered Weaver was a homegrown Angels talent. And Chad Billingsley has done one thing that Ervin Santana has never been able to do - be consistent.

Consistenly have a meltdown inning?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Everyone thought bringing in Pujols and Wilson last year would make the Angels contenders, and all it did was make them bad, really bad.

Whaaaat? Bringing in Pujols and Wilson didn't make the team bad. They underperformed (a little more so in Wilson's case), but they didn't make the team bad.

HE'S NOT IN LOS ANGELES IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT YOU STUPIDPANTS

Well yeah.

As long as he avoids downtown Fullerton/Balboa Newport, he should be fine.

(But I guess a relapse could happen in any dive... but whatever)

He is better off with the Angels than he would be with the Dodgers, as it is a bit more laid back in Anaheim,

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Wow. How does signing a 3rd/4th starter for 5 years and $15 mil a year help a rebuilding team which won't compete for at least another year? Did Theo let Hendry make this signing for old time's sake?

Looks like Sanchez and Danny Haren are going to be the big splashes of the Cubs' rescinded pitching rotation.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"Haha, Cubs suck! They signed an expensive free agent they shouldn't have signed!"

"Haha, Cubs suck! They didn't sign an expensive free agent they shouldn't have signed!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Really happy the Cubs lucked out of that one. So now do we get to make fun of the Tigers for paying Sanchez even more than what the Cubs were going to?

Well, I think we have all accepted that Mike Illitch is teetering on senility and has no problem with throwing around absurdly excessive contracts. However, the Tigers played in the World Series last year. Even though they overpaid, Sanchez makes sense for the Tigers from a personnel standpoint. Not so much with the Cubs.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Its looking more and more likely that RA Dickey will be dealt by the Mets for prospects and right now supposedly the leading contender is Toronto.

Don't have much more detail then that, but on the surface the deal would seem to make alot of sense for both sides. Toronto could still use another starter and they would certainly have the prospects to make a move for a guy like Dickey who they would be getting a huge discount payroll wise for at least a year. This is a Cy Young winner that's set to earn $5 million next year. That's as good of a bargain as your going to get for a quality starter.

Archived