Evolution of NBA logos

AndrewPF

I've stumbled upon an article highlighting the evolution of every logo in the NBA. I'm well-aware that we have access to a database full of logos (hell, the logos within the article are sourced from the Mothership), but I thought the written piece was interesting, and I thought it was neat seeing all the logos presented seamlessly all in one place. What are some of your favorites? I've always liked the 1981-93 Denver logo. I think it's definitely unique and I like it aesthetically as well. I don't think I'd ever noticed that 1962 Golden State logo before. It definitely reminds me of the logo of South African soccer team Kaizer Chiefs FC. Staying on Golden State, I think that their current logo is a thing of beauty, a fantastic update to the iconic "The City" mark.

The Evolution of NBA Team Logos

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone remind me why this isn't Philly's primary logo?

philadelphia_76ers_logo_3925.png

Apparently there's a rule stating all primary NBA logos have to contain the teams' nickname and locale, hence the awkward border around the current version.

According to some, there's a rule (or at least a strong suggestion) that new primary logos need to include the city name as well as the team name, so teams make primaries to comply, while their secondary becomes the de facto primary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

According to some, there's a rule (or at least a strong suggestion) that new primary logos need to include the city name as well as the team name, so teams make primaries to comply, while their secondary becomes the de facto primary.

Pacers?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pacers?

Pacers & Wizards are the only ones that dont have the city in their primary, but I think the point is that is has to have a wordmark of some sort, can't just be the Pacers P or Bulls' head for example.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The more I look at that logo, the more I realize how bad that 7 is. It's weird looking, and it being a different color than "6ers" makes it stand out (not in a good way) even more. It looks like two ribbons. See below, Chun-Li's hair things. As I'm typing this response, I also see how drastically different the fonts are; a sharp 7, and a rounded 6ers. Sticks out like a sore thumb, now more than ever that I analyze it.

Chun-Li_tatsunoko.png

Archived