Ohio State Announces "Rivalry" Uniform for Michigan Game

ESTONES6

You're crazy... that's the best part.

Sorry guys, that was in response to sportstar1212 talkin' bad on the helmet stripe. I wonder if it's possible to snag a replica.

To be honest, I don't mind the oversized helmet stripe at all. It seems a bit out of place with the chrome element, and as Brandon has mentioned, if it was tied in with additional elements on the uniform, it wouldn't seem so out of place. When certain elements are blown out of proportion (i.e. the original Boise State logo in the PC program a few seasons back) size wise, it works well for a "modern twist" to a uniform.

Kris, HGI has started to sell actual on-field quality helmets that Oregon has worn, so it may be something that HGI may offer. Don't expect it to come cheap, however, the Oregon helmets are listed, IIRC around $1200.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least they still look somewhat like Ohio State, which was my biggest problem with the red helmeted uniforms from two years ago. They look like cartoonish, weird versions of themselves and I'm not a fan of the pants stripe ending in the middle of the pants, but they still look like Ohio State.

BUT, why wear it in the most historic rivalry in sports? Michigan isn't going to wear their bumble bee uniforms.

The game's supposed to look like this

ohiostate_vs_michigan_2005_04.jpg

or this

rivalhistory2.jpg

until we all die. Save the whacky one-offs for Purdue.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Agreed. I don't know who dictates the Pro Cambat/Rivalary/*insert cut name here* jerseys, but when you have the biggest rivalry in sports, you don't dick with the uniforms. Now if they want to give OSU special uniforms for Indiana or Northwestern, whatever. But not Michigan Ohio State. Unfortunatly, just like with Conference Expansion, its the dollar. Its the biggest rivalry, so the most people are going to see those uniforms on that day.

I didn't mind the white or the red uniforms from the last 3 years. They were still damn close to historical uniforms. So its not like they just randomly added a camo pattern in scarlet in gray to the uniforms. The red was a really sharp helmet.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

BUT, why wear it in the most historic rivalry in sports? Michigan isn't going to wear their bumble bee uniforms.

Yeah, I would have preferred breaking them out against someone other than Michigan. Then again, if memory serves, Ohio State is undefeated in "rivalry/pro combat" uniforms.

BB52Big.jpg

At least they still look somewhat like Ohio State, which was my biggest problem with the red helmeted uniforms from two years ago. They look like cartoonish, weird versions of themselves and I'm not a fan of the pants stripe ending in the middle of the pants, but they still look like Ohio State.

The game's supposed to look like this

ohiostate_vs_michigan_2005_04.jpg

or this

rivalhistory2.jpg

until we all die. Save the whacky one-offs for Purdue.

I have to agree with McCarthy, it should be a classic battle of uniforms with Michigan and Ohio State, anything else just doesn't belong. Save the Pro Combats and the Bee Uniforms for the other battles.

You're crazy... that's the best part.

Sorry guys, that was in response to sportstar1212 talkin' bad on the helmet stripe. I wonder if it's possible to snag a replica.

To be honest, I don't mind the oversized helmet stripe at all. It seems a bit out of place with the chrome element, and as Brandon has mentioned, if it was tied in with additional elements on the uniform, it wouldn't seem so out of place. When certain elements are blown out of proportion (i.e. the original Boise State logo in the PC program a few seasons back) size wise, it works well for a "modern twist" to a uniform.

Kris, HGI has started to sell actual on-field quality helmets that Oregon has worn, so it may be something that HGI may offer. Don't expect it to come cheap, however, the Oregon helmets are listed, IIRC around $1200.

Too rich for my blood... Guess I'll just admire from a distance!

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

Are there any pictures of the pants which show a stripe? People have commented on the pants stripes, but every pic I have seen makes it look like the pants are just solid gray.

The pants stripe is the same on their regular uniforms. It's enlarged like the helmet and sleeve stripes. I'm guessing what's bothering most people is that the pants stripe ends at the hip like a lot of the Pro Combat uniforms from last year.

Big game to earn some recruits by winning in some kickass uniforms.

This is the list of recruits that will be at the game.

2013 RB David Williams (Philadelphia, PA)- official

2013 WR Corey Smith (Akron, OH)

2013 WR Demorea Stringfellow (Moreno Valley, CA)

2013 WR James Quick (Louisville, KY) - official

2013 WR Shelton Gibson (Cleveland Heights, OH)

2013 WR Tony Stevens (Orlando, FL) - official

2013 OL David Dawson (Detroit, MI)

2013 DL Donovan Munger (Shaker Heights, OH)

2013 LB Auston Johnson (Torrance, CA) - official

2013 LB Daniel McMillan (Jacksonville, FL) - official

2013 LB Skai Moore (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) - official

2013 LB Trey Johnson (Lawrenceville, GA) - official

2013 DB Cameron Burrows (Trotwood, OH)

2013 DB Eli Woodard (Voorhees, NJ)

2013 ATH Darron Lee (New Albany, OH)

2013 ATH Ryan Timmons (Frankfort, KY) - official

2014 QB Drew Barker (Hebron, KY)

2014 QB DeShone Kizer (Toledo, OH)

2014 QB Will Ulmer (Washington D.C.)

2014 RB Mikel Horton (Cincinnati, OH)

2014 RB Marcus Boone (Woodbridge, VA)

2014 WR Avonte Maddox (Detroit, MI)

2014 WR DeMarre Kitt (Tyrone, GA)

2014 WR Derek Kief (Cincinnati, OH)

2014 WR Josh Malone (Gallatin, TN)

2014 WR Noah Brown (Sparta, NJ)

2014 WR Thaddeus Snodgrass (Springfield, OH)

2014 TE Ethan Wolf (Minster, OH)

2014 OL Demetrius Knox (Fort Worth, TX)

2014 OL Jimmy Byrne (Cleveland, OH)

2014 OL Marcelys Jones (Cleveland, OH)

2014 OL Matthew Jones (Hubbard, OH)

2014 OL Nathaniel Devers (Massillon, OH)

2014 OL Quenton Nelson (Red Bank, NJ)

2014 OL Damian Prince (Forestville, MD)

2014 DL D'Shawn Hand (Woodbridge, VA)

2014 DL Malik McDowell (Detroit, MI)

2014 DL Andrew Brown (Chesapeake, VA)

2014 LB Carl Fuller (Detroit, MI)

2014 LB Clifton Garrett (Joliet, IL)

2014 LB Nile Sykes (Oak Park, IL)

2014 LB Raekwon McMillan (Hinesville, GA)

2014 LB Dante Booker (Akron, OH)

2014 LB Airius Moore (Beavercreek, OH)

2014 DB Darius West (Lima, OH)

2014 DB Damon Webb (Detroit, MI)

2014 DB Nick Glass (Atlanta, GA)

2014 DB Jabril Peppers (Paramus, NJ)

2014 DB Jalen Embry (Detroit, MI)

2014 DB Quin Blanding (Virginia Beach, VA)

2014 ATH Jalen Hurd (Hendersonville, TN)

2014 ATH Alonzo Saxton (Columbus, OH)

2014 ATH Jonathan Haden (Washington D.C.)

2014 ATH Marshon Lattimore (Cleveland, OH)

2014 ATH Myles Autry (Norcross, GA)

Well, I guess those recruits will just have to be impressed with an OSU win that they made a little hard on themselves. Because there were no kickass uniforms to be seen. As usual, the silly photoshop superhero picture looks very little like the on-field uniform. I kind of half forgot about them about one quarter in.

Well, I guess those recruits will just have to be impressed with an OSU win that they made a little hard on themselves. Because there were no kickass uniforms to be seen. As usual, the silly photoshop superhero picture looks very little like the on-field uniform. I kind of half forgot about them about one quarter in.

Yeah now that I saw the uniforms on tv they didn't look as kickass as I expected. I only had 2 problems with the unifrom. The pants stripes needed to go up the whole leg and the jersey numbers need to be white with a silver outline.

Nike is really good at making uniforms look great in the publicity shots. Unfortunately, the actual uniforms rarely come close to the publicity shots. The helmets made the Buckeyes look like they were wearing Christmas ornaments on their heads, the jerseys looked like cheap counterfeit knock-offs, and the pants stripes looked like there was a mistake in production. There were two good looking things in that game - Michigan's uniforms and the final score.

BB52Big.jpg

Nike is really good at making uniforms look great in the publicity shots. Unfortunately, the actual uniforms rarely come close to the publicity shots. The helmets made the Buckeyes look like they were wearing Christmas ornaments on their heads, the jerseys looked like cheap counterfeit knock-offs, and the pants stripes looked like there was a mistake in production. There were two good looking things in that game - Michigan's uniforms and the final score.

Agreed on all points. Those jersey numbers looked like something we'd post in the "china counterfeit" thread just to make fun of. And the cut off pants stripe continues to absolutely suck every time it’s used. We have a Nike insider floating around here now… seriously, tell me who's idea those pants stripes are, who pretends to like them, and who wants to claim they are about anything except showing off the seams of a Nike proprietary pants cut?

Archived