Great Players in Terrible Uniforms

Chawls

I hate when they show photos of Dan Marino in the modern Dolphins uniform:

Dan-Marino-pic.gif

Ryan Braun in the Brewers road uniform:

usp_mlb__milwaukee_brewers_at_washington_nationals_51703333-3_4_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

Giancarlo Stanton is unfortunately going to be remembered in this uniform:

tumblr_m9yn7gmErt1reo8gto1_1280.jpg

Marshawn Lynch

uspw_6696930.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably going to catch hell for this one.

jagr_mullet.jpg

The wordmark look definitely didn't work for the Pens.

I disagree with this so much, the Penguins wordmark jerseys look great.

Edit: I disagree with a lot of this thread actually. Not worth singling out just one example.

Less than a page and this is already "Best Player on a Team with Bad Uniforms"

Well, based on the fact that this is regarding players who will be "remembered" while wearing bad uniforms, you're probably going to get the best player on a team at the time. Usually people don't remember players who aren't any good. However, if it makes you feel better, I'll do this just once:

Adam Greenberg

greenberg-atbat.JPG

Also, this guy:

1997_angels_mothers_25.jpg

...and who could forget, this guy! (nope wait, I already did)

16171d1233961552-ugliest-jerseys-ever-kwingsmcd2.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Dan-Marino-pic.gif

usp_mlb__milwaukee_brewers_at_washington_nationals_51703333-3_4_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

Marshawn Lynch

uspw_6696930.jpg

This is a thread for terrible uniforms, not good ones with maybe 1 or 2 easy fix flaws.

Dan-Marino-pic.gif

Marshawn Lynch

uspw_6696930.jpg

This is a thread for terrible uniforms, not good ones with maybe 1 or 2 easy fix flaws.

...and the Seahawks and Marlins uniforms are absolutely horrible.

spacer.png

I'm probably going to catch hell for this one.

*pic removed*

The wordmark look definitely didn't work for the Pens.

I disagree with this so much, the Penguins wordmark jerseys look great.

For me, it's not that it was necessarily bad, but that it was copying the Rangers' "thing". Plus, putting the Robo-Pen on the front would've looked much better.

Anyways, more:

Steven Stamkos:

b8b80a8e4e3a91ace1715435bce1.jpg

Ray Bourque:

tumblr_lqylxdvcfY1qh7pj9o1_400.jpg

RAYMOND.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I missed the part where the Sabres' red alternates were terrible.

- part of the team's switch to the then-trendy red and black in the 90's

- has a (IMO) weird logo for the crest, never seen before or since; sort of a cartoonish caricature of the classy original logo

- has another logo that I think is generally disliked on the shoulders (the goat head)

- has a sublimated design on the hem stripe

It's got some strikes against it, at least. I'd say it's worse than at least half of the other uniforms posted in this thread.

I missed the part where the Sabres' red alternates were terrible.

- part of the team's switch to the then-trendy red and black in the 90's

- has a (IMO) weird logo for the crest, never seen before or since; sort of a cartoonish caricature of the classy original logo

- has another logo that I think is generally disliked on the shoulders (the goat head). It's pretty detailed for a crest; it's way too detailed to go on the shoulder

- has a sublimated design on the hem stripe

It's got some strikes against it, at least. I'd say it's worse than at least half of the other uniforms posted in this thread.

Archived