Great Players in Terrible Uniforms

Chawls

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Messier in a uniform as atrocious as Trevor Linden being included in a thread about great players:

Messier%20Canucks%20photo.jpg

I was going to post Messier, but I was really looking for a pic of Messier in the Canucks gradient thirds. Messier looks weird in that Jersey but I think that's more of a "players in the wrong uniform" thread, because personally I don't think that Canucks jersey is so bad. The gradient alt however was awful

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Probably in the minority on this one, but I don't think McNabb OR Roethlisberger are great players.

Two Superbowl victories for Big Ben and you don't think he is a great player? I suppose you prefer someone like Brady Quinn? I will agree there may be some doubt about McNabb, but he was great for many years as an Eagle.

Dude, Eli Manning has two rings, and I don't see anyone lining up to call him an all-time great.

I would say Both of the manning brothers are great players regardless of how many Super Bowls they won

I would agree with your statement, but as far as terrible uniform from the Manning's I would have to go with these:

colts+throwbacks+2.jpg

spacer.png

Probably in the minority on this one, but I don't think McNabb OR Roethlisberger are great players.

Two Superbowl victories for Big Ben and you don't think he is a great player? I suppose you prefer someone like Brady Quinn? I will agree there may be some doubt about McNabb, but he was great for many years as an Eagle.

Dude, Eli Manning has two rings, and I don't see anyone lining up to call him an all-time great.

I would say Both of the manning brothers are great players regardless of how many Super Bowls they won

I would agree with your statement, but as far as terrible uniform from the Manning's I would have to go with these:

colts+throwbacks+2.jpg

Both are going to be Hall of Famers. I know the football hall of fame isn't the hardest to get into, BUT if you are a hall of famer you are by definition a great player.

BTW: Worst Manning bros. jersey:

77918792_display_image.jpg?1309254245

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

RAYMOND.jpg

What part of this uniform is terrible?

Not so much terrible in general as terrible by the Bruins' standards. Boston has had a history of great designs, and that's easily one of the worst looks they've ever had. The shoulder-to-wrist yoke, the odd stripe overlapping it, the unnecessary double outline on the TV numbers and the presence of Pooh Bear really hurt the look.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Mark Messier in a uniform as atrocious as Trevor Linden being included in a thread about great players:

Messier%20Canucks%20photo.jpg

I was going to post Messier, but I was really looking for a pic of Messier in the Canucks gradient thirds. Messier looks weird in that Jersey but I think that's more of a "players in the wrong uniform" thread, because personally I don't think that Canucks jersey is so bad. The gradient alt however was awful

I seen the Canucks uniforms back then were much better than this crap. Why use the orca if they are not going to use the same formula the Miami Dolphins did for their logo?

Fred McGriff in the D-Rays rainbows

c4s_mcgriff2122309_99735c.jpg

Danny Heatley in Atlanta

news4.jpg

That's not Heatley.

In fact Heatley never wore that uniform at all. He was traded to Ottawa before Rbk Edge was introduced.

Actually, he did wear it. The jersey was introduced for the 2003 season.

heatley_kovalchuk_tall.jpg

But the first picture is of the Edge version. Note the missing hem stripe.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived