Great Players in Terrible Uniforms

Chawls

Watching the great season Adrian Peterson has had, I can't help but think how bad it'll be as a sports design fan to watch highlights of him wearing that poorly-executed Vikings uniforms for years to come. Unfortunately, he isn't the only great player forces to wear a bad uniform.

Who are some other great players that have had to wear bad uniforms?

• Any sport

• Any time period

• Any point in their career (college or pro)

• INCLUDE PICTURES!!!

I'll start.

Adrian Peterson

Minnesota+Vikings+v+Indianapolis+Colts+U8_6ygzLRD1l.jpg

Mojo Drew

MojoDrew.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Brett Farve

vikings-vs-bears-monday-night-football-picks.jpg

Emmitt Smith

aahv063.jpg

you sir, have some weird taste in uniforms

Why? Because I like uniforms that have colors that actually match? Two different colors of purple for the Vikings and that horrible facemask. Also the two different colors of blue for the Cowboys equal Ugly and Ugly.

spacer.png

I'm probably going to catch hell for this one.

jagr_mullet.jpg

The wordmark look definitely didn't work for the Pens.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Brett Farve

vikings-vs-bears-monday-night-football-picks.jpg

Emmitt Smith

aahv063.jpg

you sir, have some weird taste in uniforms

Why? Because I like uniforms that have colors that actually match? Two different colors of purple for the Vikings and that horrible facemask. Also the two different colors of blue for the Cowboys equal Ugly and Ugly.

In principal that Vikings jersey set should look great, but it does not match at all. Same goes for the Cowboys.

Probably in the minority on this one, but I don't think McNabb OR Roethlisberger are great players.

Two Superbowl victories for Big Ben and you don't think he is a great player? I suppose you prefer someone like Brady Quinn? I will agree there may be some doubt about McNabb, but he was great for many years as an Eagle.

spacer.png

Archived