Great Players in Terrible Uniforms

Chawls

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably going to catch hell for this one.

jagr_mullet.jpg

The wordmark look definitely didn't work for the Pens.

I disagree with this so much, the Penguins wordmark jerseys look great.

Edit: I disagree with a lot of this thread actually. Not worth singling out just one example.

Wow, forgot how big those shoulder patches were. The white versions of this re brand were so nice too.

jagr_mullet.jpg

Edit: I disagree with a lot of this thread actually. Not worth singling out just one example.

Wow, forgot how big those shoulder patches were. The white versions of this re brand were so nice too.

What, NO ONE is going to say anything about that epic mullet?

Jagr's mullet was not part of the uniform.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

jagr_mullet.jpg

What, NO ONE is going to say anything about that epic mullet?

I was planning on posting "This is players in terrible uniforms not hairstyles," but I was late to the show.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

ladainian-tomlinson-2006.jpg

Wow. I absolutely loved that look.

This is more like it.

nfl_i_tomlinson01jr_400.jpg

I know Lights' Out has a famous distaste for that Chargers uniform, but there's no way anyone can objectively say that it's "terrible". I happen to think it's one of the best uniforms in NFL history.

Here's a great player in a terrible uniform.

Fitzgerald.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here's a trifecta of MJ love.

All-Star uniforms are generally pretty blah, but these probably take the cake. Look like they were designed in Microsoft Publisher.

nba_g_jordan_kobe1_5761.jpg

Also, anything from the Jordan-Wizards era. The colors are great, but they sure had fugly wordmarks and number fonts.

michael-jordan-wizards.jpg

Finally, the Bullets fauxbacks. It's like the universe itself was in on this joke. The only way those uniforms could have been more perfect was if they said, "Bull-ettes," referencing the fact that anything post-Chicago was like a junior, bastard version of Jordan's time with the Bulls.

pg2_g_jordan1x_200.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Probably in the minority on this one, but I don't think McNabb OR Roethlisberger are great players.

Two Superbowl victories for Big Ben and you don't think he is a great player? I suppose you prefer someone like Brady Quinn? I will agree there may be some doubt about McNabb, but he was great for many years as an Eagle.

Dude, Eli Manning has two rings, and I don't see anyone lining up to call him an all-time great.

In addition, Roethlisberger's first SB win hinged on a phantom touchdown. A great player wouldn't have needed a botched call to seal the deal.

Good.

Not great.

Sigs are for sissies.

Archived