Best White Uniforms in Sports

Mitch B

Love Oregon's previous storm-trooper look:

stormt.jpg

And I might be kinda biased, but I love the wine-to-gold balance of the Cavs' home whites.

dion.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ That Kings look is simply gorgeous. God, I miss that look! Especially when it is being worn by The Great One! :)

Am I the only one who thinks that look has become incredibly overrated? Give me the 1980-88 uniforms over the Raider ripoffs any day of the week.

You mean the Flyers' ripoffs?

Flyers' ripoffs? I never saw that in these as they came out when the Flyers still had the relatively narrow stripe pattern like they have now. If anything the later Flyers jersey ripped these off.

To be fair, its easy to ignore the significance of the Kings switch to black and silver because its been so long and also because so many teams have followed suit. There wasn't any BFBS way back when the Kings went to black. Part of the beauty of those unis was not only their relevance and importance in uniform history, but also the fact that the team was so good. Yes, the Raiders wore the same colors but there was something so very different about these unis. I guess maybe because they wore so much more black then silver. Being a huge Gretzky fan I have always loved this look.

The Kings' switch was BFBS in all but name.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yes, but I just don't see it in the same light as when the Mets added black or when the Dallas Stars switched to black. I kind of view the Kings as starting the bandwagon as opposed to jumping on one. I know that the Raiders had similar colors but it just didn't feel the same as when they went ALL black. Probably not any better but for some reason I give them a pass for it.

I think the Detroit Tigers have the best white look in baseball and the Detroit Red Wings have the best white look in hockey. But nobody has yet posted my favorite white NFL uniforms:

darren_mcfadden.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Yes, but I just don't see it in the same light as when the Mets added black or when the Dallas Stars switched to black. I kind of view the Kings as starting the bandwagon as opposed to jumping on one. I know that the Raiders had similar colors but it just didn't feel the same as when they went ALL black. Probably not any better but for some reason I give them a pass for it.

Regardless of whether they started it or jumped on an existing bandwagon, it's still just BFBS. There was no good and/or legitimate reason for the Kings to make the change to black. There never is one when it comes to BFBS.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

wild.jpg

I know it's beating a dead horse at this point, but WHY did the Wild ever go away from these?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

They didn't. The Wild's white uniform has been almost the same since the team started playing.

Wild01.png

Wild08.png

Yes, they definitely did.

I'm not denying the significance of the Kings' change to black, I just don't happen to like those uniforms. The Kings ought to be a purple team.

The Kings were made relevant when Gretzky showed up in '88 and the switch over to black and silver happened. They made it to the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time in 1993 wearing black and silver. And they won their first Stanley Cup in 2012 wearing black and silver. This team's best moments have been in those colours.

I mean I know that doesn't account for personal taste, and that's all well and good, but I don't think the Kings "ought to be a purple team." The years they've worn purple have been marred by bad attendance, a terrible on-ice product, and overall irrelevance. In black and silver they've been a premier NHL team.

^ That Kings look is simply gorgeous. God, I miss that look! Especially when it is being worn by The Great One! :)

Am I the only one who thinks that look has become incredibly overrated? Give me the 1980-88 uniforms over the Raider ripoffs any day of the week.

You mean the Flyers' ripoffs?

Flyers' ripoffs? I never saw that in these as they came out when the Flyers still had the relatively narrow stripe pattern like they have now. If anything the later Flyers jersey ripped these off.

The Flyers still owned the "curved full length yoke" look though. When the Flyers switched to that look in 1982, ripoff or not, it looked like a natural evolution of their established uniform design. When the Kings switched to that look in 1980, after having previous rocked very traditional striping patterns since their inception, it came off as something out of left field. Even though the Flyers went to the design two years later I still view it as the Kings ripping off the Flyers because despite having the design first it was still a very Flyers-esque design.

Also the Kings had it for eight years and ditched it. The Flyers sufficiently made the look their own by rocking it for twenty-five years.

With apologies to pretty much every other white uni the Bucks have ever worn, all have been pretty good, none has been better...

basketball-ricky-pierce.jpg

And with apologies to the Sonics' classics (but not the weak imitations they wore before the move...all I'll say is I hated their 2000s set and move on), I was always partial to these

2008036656.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Regardless of whether they started it or jumped on an existing bandwagon, it's still just BFBS. There was no good and/or legitimate reason for the Kings to make the change to black. There never is one when it comes to BFBS.

We agree to disagree then. I don't see it the same way in this case. I think there is something to be said for being a trend setter as opposed to trying not to miss the trend.

Archived