Best White Uniforms in Sports

Mitch B

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These are only palatable when the Packers are playing outdoors and in the elements. Indoors, that's just too much yellow and not enough green.

What would your indoor road alternate be? White pants, green socks? Green pants, white socks? Yellow socks? Me, I'd go with white pants and the classic green socks with yellow stripes.

In general, I'm not a fan of colored helmet-white jersey-white pants... sometimes it can work, but IMO, the Packers couldn't pull it off and stay true to their identity. I would go with green pants with gold-(thin) green-white-(thin) green-gold stripes (think of the pattern you see on their green jerseys) and white socks. The socks would have a striping pattern that mimics the striping pattern on the white jersey.

The only issue i see with that is that you then run into an "overstriped" situation akin to the Florida Gators. Granted, they make theirs work due to using the same pattern/order across blue, orange, and white backgrounds (which is how it seems a simple braisher ends up on their helmets and orange pants)...but I just couldn't see that type of arragement working for the Pack.

If anything, I'd say they should strip it down even more—actually just by getting rid of the collar trim. And perhaps trying out some white road socks with stripes that match those of their white jerseys—like that Browns picture on the previous page. I'm telling you, more teams need to try that solution.

Apologies for the plug, but this image kinda illustrates what I mean:

SF49ers_PCaway.png

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

^ That's essentially what I'm advocating for the Packers, only with green pants. I suppose if you're worried about over-striping, the Packers could wear plain green pants with a small oval-G on each side (think the Saints' black pants).

But again, this would only be for indoor road games.

While Utah State's is admittedly a homer pick, in their defense they've always stood out as the Utah-based college football team to consistently wear all-white on the road through the years.

I wonder how good BYU would look in all-white.

BYU have worn all white several times the past few years, including the bowl game a few days ago. They look good, but they'd look better with NFL-style striped socks.

APTOPIX%20Poinsettia%20Bowl%20Football.JPEG-0bb54.jpg

Not really sure how I managed to miss that one...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ew. God no.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1992_dream_team.jpg

The topic title is best white uniforms, not best teams. :P

No, that's a good choice regardless of homerism. The Tigers' home jersey is one of the best in the MLB.

Canada is the only really IIHF to embrace black as much as they do. It defiantly gives the team their own identity, but would eliminating the black make them look too much like the Red Wings?

What about Germany? Austria? Latvia? Switzerland?

GYI0064630711_crop_450x500.jpgRolands+Vigners+IIHF+World+Junior+Championship+qamfk8iEG5pl.jpgDominik+Schlumpf+2011+IIHF+World+U20+Championship+D_XjaAKFjEsl.jpg

OttawaSenators.png

Archived