Best White Uniforms in Sports

Mitch B

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a great uni too:

Eric-Dickerson.jpeg

With white cleats AND white facemask to boot...how about that?

Make it happen (again), Colts. This, I can get with.

They can bring back the lighter royal blue while they're at it too. Leave the Unitas-era sensibilities in Baltimore where they belong.

Edmonton's one-year sweaters, worn during the 1996-97 season.

Why they bailed on these beauts, I will never understand.

5fhfh3iq0yzx96uigjewmxjwn.gif

Because the version without the yoke looked better.

73097736_display_image.jpg?1310172363

I do agree that the '90s color scheme is a LOT better than the bright blue-and-orange trainwrecks the Oilers wear now.

The yoke was overkill and the shoulder patches look much better on white. I also miss the Oilers pre-edge set but I'll take the current orange and royal jerseys (which are not bad by any means) over the Navy and Copper Edge "Practice" jerseys any day. Those were an abomination.

Agreed. The Oilers set went straight to hell the moment Reebok Edge took over the league. Straight to hell.

These were a disaster and I don't know what they were thinking. There's gotta be more to the story. Like they thought every team was going to look like this so they just went along with it? I don't know.

transactions_hall.jpg

The Oilers' current road white uniforms look pretty good these days.

Taylor+Hall+Edmonton+Oilers+v+Vancouver+Canucks+n0p7t7MuegPx.jpg

It's the blue homes that are the problem. There's wayyyyy tooooo much orange. Big orange yokes, orange cuffs on the sleeves, and orange numbers look awful and they looked awful in the 80's when they were winning every game. They need to tone down the orange. Reverse the numbers so they're white with a blue outline and an orange outline. Remove the orange from the sleeve cuffs. As for the yoke, I guess that has to stay orange to keep the integrity of the 80's look intact. Knocking the orange overkill down a notch would make those uniforms easier on the eyes.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Seeing them in anything else is weird.

LSU-Football-630x419.jpg

Especially even more white...

BM.jpg

Somehow when I read the thread title I thought it meant white-on-white unis. Guess not. So I suppose if white over color is okay, so is color over white (especially with white helmets). Right? Always loved these Yellow Jacket throwbacks:

CalvinJohnson.jpg

Probably my favorite all white uni:

2155143.jpg

And in the "not bad" category:

archie_manning_1975_10_05.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This was a great uni too:

Eric-Dickerson.jpeg

With white cleats AND white facemask to boot...how about that?

Make it happen (again), Colts. This, I can get with.

They can bring back the lighter royal blue while they're at it too. Leave the Unitas-era sensibilities in Baltimore where they belong.

Interesting...unless my eyes have been deceiving me half my life, I didn't think there was any noticeable difference in the shade of blues in the Baltimore <-/-> Indianapolis years.

CWx????

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I haven't been a fan of white-on-white in football since they stopped playing on surfaces that actually had mud. It just looks too clean, almost like getting dirty isn't part of the game anymore.

I do think the St. Louis Cardinals look great in their home whites, and the Blackhawks white jersey is my favorite hockey jersey of any color. I really like the Bears white jersey too, just so long as it's paired with navy pants.

Archived