Best White Uniforms in Sports

Mitch B

The only issue i see with that is that you then run into an "overstriped" situation akin to the Florida Gators. Granted, they make theirs work due to using the same pattern/order across blue, orange, and white backgrounds (which is how it seems a simple braisher ends up on their helmets and orange pants)...but I just couldn't see that type of arragement working for the Pack.

If anything, I'd say they should strip it down even more—actually just by getting rid of the collar trim. And perhaps trying out some white road socks with stripes that match those of their white jerseys—like that Browns picture on the previous page. I'm telling you, more teams need to try that solution.

Apologies for the plug, but this image kinda illustrates what I mean:

This.... this is quite a great novel idea. For teams that use light colored pants with white jerseys... white socks create a better stripe and color balance because the elements theoretically match perfectly. I guess they do ideally when the helmet and pants are the same color as well. With colored socks, you end up using a striping pattern that is otherwise only seen on the home jersey. A team like the Redskins, however, would be better off with burgundy socks simply because their helmets are burgundy, and that is a better balance. Very interesting idea though, can't believe I'd never thought of it.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Canada is the only really IIHF to embrace black as much as they do. It defiantly gives the team their own identity, but would eliminating the black make them look too much like the Red Wings?

They could wear plain tan shorts for a classic pond hockey look. Or just red. And no, they wouldn't look like the Wings.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Canada is the only really IIHF to embrace black as much as they do. It defiantly gives the team their own identity, but would eliminating the black make them look too much like the Red Wings?

They could wear plain tan shorts for a classic pond hockey look. Or just red. And no, they wouldn't look like the Wings.

Not only do they look like the Wings here, they even used their jersey template.

1982CanadianJuniorTeam.jpg

Not only do they look like the Wings here, they even used their jersey template.

That's because they used their template, which they wouldn't necessarily do, you gomer.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Edmonton's one-year sweaters, worn during the 1996-97 season.

Why they bailed on these beauts, I will never understand.

5fhfh3iq0yzx96uigjewmxjwn.gif

Because that look sucks and their classic jersey is way better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Finally found a pic of Marshall's road uniform which I nominated earlier in the thread.

g276258000000000000511d8f25bf4f33b19afbda5f1c6df52769a43dda.jpg

Heck, I even thought the previous set (which wasn't much different from what they currently wear) had a good white uni too.

72_cmu02left.jpg.JPG

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I do agree that the '90s color scheme is a LOT better than the bright blue-and-orange trainwrecks the Oilers wear now.

I don't think so. The Oilers' 90's look is just another example of the decade's "darken ALL THE THINGS!" trend. It's certainly not worthy of supplanting a look that was worn by one of the greatest hockey teams to ever lace up skates.

Finally found a pic of Marshall's road uniform which I nominated earlier in the thread.

g276258000000000000511d8f25bf4f33b19afbda5f1c6df52769a43dda.jpg

Heck, I even thought the previous set (which wasn't much different from what they currently wear) had a good white uni too.

72_cmu02left.jpg.JPG

The bottom numbers flow MUCH better with the rest of the uniform.

Because the version without the yoke looked better.

73097736_display_image.jpg?1310172363

I do agree that the '90s color scheme is a LOT better than the bright blue-and-orange trainwrecks the Oilers wear now.

I really wanna know why the team went back to them. You always hear because "the old school fans wanted them back". But something tells me that isn't the case. The blue & orange looks freaking nasty, especially when compared to the navy and copper.

6uXNWAo.png

I really wanna know why the team went back to them. You always hear because "the old school fans wanted them back". But something tells me that isn't the case. The blue & orange looks freaking nasty, especially when compared to the navy and copper.

5 Cups in 7 years, plus the legacies of Gretzky, Kurri, Messier, Anderson, and Coffey. Nope, I'm pretty sure that's the case.

heres a better question; which team dosent look good in white? i mean, its white, it goes well with everything

edmwhite2_20120502072119_display_image.jpg?1336018698

The hideous side panels, muddling drop shadows, and the 9 000 different striping patterns. Ugh.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The yoke was overkill and the shoulder patches look much better on white. I also miss the Oilers pre-edge set but I'll take the current orange and royal jerseys (which are not bad by any means) over the Navy and Copper Edge "Practice" jerseys any day. Those were an abomination.

The yoke was overkill and the shoulder patches look much better on white. I also miss the Oilers pre-edge set but I'll take the current orange and royal jerseys (which are not bad by any means) over the Navy and Copper Edge "Practice" jerseys any day. Those were an abomination.

Agreed. The Oilers set went straight to hell the moment Reebok Edge took over the league. Straight to hell.

6uXNWAo.png

• 2 months later...

With white cleats AND white facemask to boot...how about that?

Make it happen (again), Colts. This, I can get with.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived