Worst White Uniforms in Sports

BadSeed84

If it's the Steelers, it's because of the yellow pants paired with the black helmet. The Packers set works with yellow pants because the helmet and pants balance one another. The Steelers would be well-served to wear black pants with a yellow stripe when wearing the white jerseys.

Why must the pants match the helmet? Doesn't it make more sense for the colors to better balance out when the helmet and socks match sense they are the north and south poles of the uniform? The jersey and pants are just middle components.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer but not limited to the helmet & pant to match & the jersey & socks to match.

I have always felt that gives great color balance.

Such as black helmet & pants & red jersey & socks for home

Black helmet & pants & white w/ red accents jersey & socks for away

I respect all opinions, but to me the black pants look better with the white jersey and black helmet. I don't like the monochrome look on the left, by the way. The yellow pants are, by far, a better choice with the black jerseys. For the black pants to work, the tops of the socks would have to be yellow to avoid the leotard look...

steelers_uniforms_with_black_pants_by_chenglor55-d4xr4d8.png

Here's another version I found with an image search. Again, the tops of the socks would need to be yellow...

20060131HO_bettispants_450.jpg

I respect all opinions, but to me the black pants look better with the white jersey and black helmet. I don't like the monochrome look on the left, by the way. The yellow pants are, by far, a better choice with the black jerseys. For the black pants to work, the tops of the socks would have to be yellow to avoid the leotard look...

Here's another version I found with an image search. Again, the tops of the socks would need to be yellow...

You see, that that makes the yellow sleeve stripes look out of place, because it's a black overload. The yellow pants balance it out perfectly IMO.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

BTW when I said not limited too I actually like the Steelers look I think a black pair for away might look good as an alternate.

I think you would need to change the stripes on the away uni maybe make the middle one black to achieve it though.

You see, that that makes the yellow sleeve stripes look out of place, because it's a black overload. The yellow pants balance it out perfectly IMO.

I prefer the Steelers in gold pants for the reason you mention. Despite the fact the Redskins need to clean up the various striping used on the uniforms, I prefer the gold pants with them as well. There's enough gold on the jersey and helmet so that the gold pants don't look out of place while the burgandy socks provide a good bookend to the helmet.

Robert+Griffin+III+Washington+Redskins+v+Buffalo+zfubkh-H39xl.jpgRex+Grossman+Washington+Redskins+v+New+York+Wj91G1EqhwQl.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I can't disagree with what you say. That crossed my mind after I posted the pics, but I wasn't going to say anything. B)

20121223_jla_sh2_181.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Yeah, I went there. The idea is good in concept but fails in execution. There's a lot wrong with it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It'd be a terrible design even without the unnecessary text as the colours and striping are the very definition of derivative. It's blue counterpart would come very close to topping the list of a "Worst Dark Uniform In Sports" Thread.

Aside from its comparisons to the Leafs and Red Wings, purely from an aesthetic perspective what's wrong with the jersey design itself?

-Generic clip-artish logo (The previous logo was perfect, just needed a better jersey)

-Boring, derivative striping pattern

-90's expansion team trying to play original six dress up

Nuff said

Similar to my latest post on Arizona State in the College Football 2012 thread, ASU just doen't look like ASU when they wear white helmets and pants, nor do they look like ASU when they go all-white:

710689.jpg

team_photo_470x440.jpg

It doesn't help that they've worn it for like 75% of their games the last few seasons.

team_photo_470x440.jpg

It doesn't help that they've worn it for like 75% of their games the last few seasons.

Unpopular opinion alert: This and their brown over white are two of my favorite looks in the NFL. I actually prefer them over the orange pants.

This is the Browns' best uniform. They don't need to mess with it. They need some better coaching and players.As to wearing White so often.....Can you say Cowboys?

Similar to my latest post on Arizona State in the College Football 2012 thread, ASU just doen't look like ASU when they wear white helmets and pants, nor do they look like ASU when they go all-white:

710689.jpg

There are very few schools that can properly pull off the all-white look. I agree with you that ASU is not one of them.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

710689.jpg

Well at least they didn't do what Cal did:

hi-res-131243470_display_image.jpg?1344439041White tops with blue bottoms?! Yuck!

Even worse:

640x360_Cal_Football_1347559667.jpg

Another sad combo:

CAL-FOOTBALL.jpgThis one is basically the vice versa of the first photo.

The Cal GOLDEN--I emphasize golden--Bears home and away uniform combo should be as follows:

5216802254_117af22294_z.jpg

104497489_display_image.jpg?1294089402

999.gif44tpmtu2blwztd0hoowh9hdee.gif1bhcqs6l5t44lw04y1tygdsce.gif179.gifh1wtplsqu22t4jwu5kmnyuefv.gif6xk2lpc36146pbg2kydf13e50.gif

Archived