2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

I don't know what the hell happened to the Titans.

Vince Young.

And that pains me, because I always was a huge fan.

Oh, right. Him.

I like to forget that period in the Titans' history, because it led to the ousting of Jeff Fisher. Still upset about that.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it has less to do with Vince Young and more to do with Floyd Reese, who left as GM after Young's rookie season.

Young led them to the playoffs in his second year (2007), and then was then injured as the team went 13-3 with Kerry Collins to lost in the 2008 Divisional Round. He then came in after Collins started 0-6 to have the Titans finish at 8-8 in 2009.

Look at their recent draft history. It is not good at all.

From 2007-2012, the draft and roster fell on the former GM. Mike Reinfeldt. Some of those later round guys with decent sack totals, like Ford and Hayes are no longer on the team. This draft has a new GM in Ruston Webster.

I think it has less to do with Vince Young and more to do with Floyd Reese, who left as GM after Young's rookie season.

Young led them to the playoffs in his second year (2007), and then was then injured as the team went 13-3 with Kerry Collins to lost in the 2008 Divisional Round. He then came in after Collins started 0-6 to have the Titans finish at 8-8 in 2009.

From 2007-2012, the draft and roster fell on the former GM. Mike Reinfeldt. Some of those later round guys with decent sack totals, like Ford and Hayes are no longer on the team. This draft has a new GM in Ruston Webber.

I had no idea we even had a new GM. I seriously hope he makes a difference, because you're right: we can't draft. And when we get even CLOSE to a decent player, we let them go. Outside of Chris Johnson who is... overrated times thirty.

From 2007-2012, the draft and roster fell on the former GM. Mike Reinfeldt. Some of those later round guys with decent sack totals, like Ford and Hayes are no longer on the team. This draft has a new GM in Ruston Webber.

I had no idea we even had a new GM. I seriously hope he makes a difference, because you're right: we can't draft. And when we get even CLOSE to a decent player, we let them go. Outside of Chris Johnson who is... overrated times thirty.

I made the correction to his name in my original reply, his name is Ruston Webster.

The fact remains the same since he was in the Titans' front office for the last two seasons and prior to joining the Titans he was the pro personnel with Seattle and worked together with the former GM Reinfeldt both in Seattle and Tennessee. Reinfeldt was fired primarily because they were unable to sign Peyton, but those drafts from 2007-2011 did not help is cause.

It will be interesting to see if Nnamdi can actually play well with better coaching, or if he is just shot.

I don't know if he's shot, or was just never what he was hyped up to be. The only facts are that he had a hard time dealing with legit media presence and fan pressure, and was a lousy teammate who wouldn't associate with his teammates opting instead to have lunch and spend other free time in his car, to the point that his teammates resented his presence.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, this was nice of Stevie Johnson of the Buffalo Bills to say...

War is nothing to be played with. I apologize North Korea........but if y'all do bomb 1st... Bomb Foxboro, Mass. Sincerely, #BillsMafia

What an ass.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

War is nothing to be played with. I apologize North Korea........but if y'all do bomb 1st... Bomb Foxboro, Mass. Sincerely, #BillsMafia

What an ass.

I think you're taking it just a little more seriously then it needs to be taken.

IUe6Hvh.png

What an ass.

I think you're taking it just a little more seriously then it needs to be taken.

Thank God he did it right after the NHL trade deadline so I won't have to hear about it for three days on local sports radio.

Casual poll question: is Carson Palmer turning into the second coming of Jeff George?

As for Nmamdi, he passed on the Saints to go to SF and I'm not all that disappointed especially after reading BBTV's post. Jabari Greer is pretty good and they signed Keenan Lewis from Pittsburgh. Patrick Robinson has shown flashes but got smoked way too often last year. Of course the Saints in general got smoked more often than Memphis BBQ last year. :(

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I dunno, I was pretty sure everyone decided Jay Cutler was The Next Jeff George, and much like the Highlander, there can only be one, so you'll have to pick.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

After 21 seasons, Jason Hanson officially retires. It'll be weird to be nervous about field goals again.

He seriously has to be the most patient man in the world. 21 seasons. 327 games. 6 playoff games, 6 first round exits. Not even a sniff at a Super Bowl. You're not human if you don't feel for the guy.

Anyway, he'll be missed. He was always one of my favorite Lions.

Casual poll question: is Carson Palmer turning into the second coming of Jeff George?

When you start seeing Carson Palmer get into arguments in the middle of the game with his head coach and quits on his team mid-season, then you can say he's the next Jeff George. Until then I think there's only one true Jeff George.

Man, how bad has karma railed Carson Palmer? Cincy doesn't win, so he demands a trade via temper tantrum and winds up in Oakland.

Result?

Bengals draft the next great receiver and make consecutive playoff appearances for the first time in decades. Raiders go 4-12.

Palmer then refuses a pay cut, then demands ANOTHER trade via temper tantrum and winds up in Arizona behind the worst offensive line in football. And was then coerced into taking a pay cut anyway.

I'm loving every new twist! It's like an M. Night Shyamalan movie -- only GOOD.

Sigs are for sissies.

After 21 seasons, Jason Hanson officially retires. It'll be weird to be nervous about field goals again.

He seriously has to be the most patient man in the world. 21 seasons. 327 games. 6 playoff games, 6 first round exits. Not even a sniff at a Super Bowl. You're not human if you don't feel for the guy.

Anyway, he'll be missed. He was always one of my favorite Lions.

It's weird to get worked up about a kicker retiring, but I really hoped he'd come back for one final year....a farewell tour of sorts. I wonder how long it'll take before #4 is retired in Detroit.

Guy secretly filmed a friend and his relatives who are all fans of different teams doing their gameday thing.

Lots of cursing.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I thought the Cowboys fan was the funniest. Sounds like my dad when he gets mad at Romo or Garrett, although without the cursing. My dad doesn't have his southern accent anymore accept when he gets mad. It's hilarious.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived