The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Only the NHL could fail at something intended to be secret so spectacularly.

"Yes, we're not manipulating attendance at all! Oh? Why yes we do have two teams in Florida playing in the same division as six northeastern and midwestern teams. That's totally logical!"

Four games. Man, whatever. I don't even like Corey Perry.

Well lucky you. He'll be out through the Blackhawks game on Wednesday.\

Look at it this way. Corey's got plenty of time to check out GTA real estate!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If going from Southern California to the freakin' Yukon regularly is OK, then Florida teams can go to Ottawa.

Exactly. They're not taking horse-and-buggies to these games. They're flying chartered jets. LA:Edmonton > Ft. Lauderdale to Ottawa or wherever. Woe is the Panthers and Lightning...

I can't wait for that first Ranger/Devil/Islander fan to complain about not having as many additional "home" games...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Also, the last year of the "old" divisions was 97-98 (in order of finish)

Atlantic: NJ PHI WAS NYI NYR FLA TB

Northeast: PIT BOS BUF MTL OTT CAR

So all they "changed" from that was FLA/TB for CAR/PIT. Toronto has been here since 98-99, then they added Detroit and Columbus. It's really not ALL too different all things considered.

Central: DAL DET STL PHX CHI TOR

Pacific: COL LA EDM SJ CGY ANA VAN

Columbus, Minnesota, Nashville, and Atlanta (Winnipeg) didn't exist yet. Add those 4 then subtract Toronto/Detroit/Columbus and there's your 14 teams. Only Phoenix switches w/ Colorado.

Had they never left the two divisions per conference thing I bet this would still look pretty damn similar, no?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Just a side note: If the province of Quebec ever separated from Canada, what would they call that team in Montreal?

Montreal Wanderers

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Yeah all the PQ could do with a wave of nostalgia for the separatist movement and a declining Liberal Party was win a minority government. And were promptly told to STFU about any separatist stuff by the other parties and Quebec media immediately afterwards. It isn't happening and it wouldn't surprise me if the PQ quietly dropped the separatist aspect from their platform in the next 10-15 years.

Good. On topic, I would have put Toronto or Detroit (yes, I know...) in the same division as Chicago to keep the conferences at 15 apiece. If Phoenix moves to Quebec, put the other of Detroit/Toronto into the West to keep the rivalries intact and make it all better. I think a change of division would be good for the Leafs.

Funny how just when baseball finally decided to go to 15 teams per league that the GDNHL went in the other direction...

What kind of sick god would but cheese and pudding together?

What if it's a savory pudding?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wow, they really want to make the hip check instinct, don't they? Gudbranson just got one of the most bogus calls I've ever seen for a beautiful hit against the Bruins.

EDIT: 2-1 after the third turnover in the offensive zone in two minutes by Milan Lucic. He's :censored:ing horrible.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

What kind of sick god would but cheese and pudding together?

What if it's a savory pudding?

What if it's a sweet and cheep cheese?

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

I am glad to trade Detroit for Dallas, Minnesota, and Colo....*breaks down into insane laughter*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived