College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

It looks like "supporting breast cancer" is quickly turning as superficial and phony as "honoring our soldiers" in the world of sports design.

EDIT: That being said, it could just be something that they've cooked up for a special purpose, not to be seen on the field. Auction, perhaps?

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DanWetzel Big 12 will unveil a new logo this summer, with significant placement on fields, courts and around campuses

But they apparently still won't require that schools put the logo on uniforms, which would baffle me if it wasn't Texas pulling the strings.

What's up with this? Please tell me the whole breast cancer campaign isn't shifting to encompass an entire team's uniform.

BMxN9vUCAAA7t56.jpg

Kill it with fire. That thing better not see the field. Adidas has done good with Mississippi State football so far. They messed up baseball with the astrodog unis, but we got out of wearing those. This is bad. South Carolina wore it two years ago and it was bad then but this is worse. :censored: you, Adidas. We need Nike back.

What's up with this? Please tell me the whole breast cancer campaign isn't shifting to encompass an entire team's uniform.

BMxN9vUCAAA7t56.jpg

Does anyone know the nearest bridge?

I'm sure you can just follow the other hoards of people who are running and screaming.

First look at the new red Hog on the white helmet for Arkansas.

I think it actually looks pretty good.

BMxn6afCYAMmgAg.jpg

Aren't they getting rid of the gradient numbers? Maybe that's just last year's jersey... The red decal does look better than the white decal, but nothing beats the traditional red helmet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

BMxN9vUCAAA7t56.jpg

Kill it with fire. That thing better not see the field. Adidas has done good with Mississippi State football so far. They messed up baseball with the astrodog unis, but we got out of wearing those. This is bad. South Carolina wore it two years ago and it was bad then but this is worse. :censored: you, Adidas. We need Nike back.

seriously? adidas gets all the blame for this? the clients (schools) are the ones either asking for it, or signing off on it.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

First look at the new red Hog on the white helmet for Arkansas.

I think it actually looks pretty good.

BMxn6afCYAMmgAg.jpg

Aren't they getting rid of the gradient numbers? Maybe that's just last year's jersey... The red decal does look better than the white decal, but nothing beats the traditional red helmet.

Yeah the new jerseys are supposed to be in next month. I still want us to use the red helmet in virtually every game but I would like to see an all-white look at least once. With the gradient off the jersey, I think that will look pretty sharp.

BMxN9vUCAAA7t56.jpg

seriously? adidas gets all the blame for this? the clients (schools) are the ones either asking for it, or signing off on it.

Seriously. Here's a tweet from the Mississippi State AD about the pink uniforms-

@stricklinMSU: The pink football jersey … here’s the deal: Adidas is very creative. Many ideas are only concepts, like that one for breast cancer awareness

Adidas created the pink jersey concept, the school didn't (or hasn't yet) approve it for field use.

Perhaps, but schools, like many companies, spend millions on their brand logo...why create a template that is hard to read the logo on?

helmets are pretty badass, hope those unis get lost in the mail or something. Nike still passes that Mizzou template off to D1 schools?

4d9f71785d1a11e293a222000a1fb70a_7.jpg

That helmets pretty sick. Really makes me wish they had new uniforms. There's are so bland yet they're not simple enough. Frustrating,

That chrome facemask with red helmet on the right looks really nice

A better pic of the red & chrome helmet:

houstoncougaralternatehelmetredchrome.jpg

Damn, that's awesome.

I wanna like this helmet, but just like the Oregon Ducks wings you will not be able to see the logo on the helmet unless the camera is zoomed onto the player and for that reason alone I believe this is a fail.

so what? you dont need to see every detail of the uniform from the top of the stadium to identify the team.

BMxN9vUCAAA7t56.jpg

Seriously. Here's a tweet from the Mississippi State AD about the pink uniforms-

@stricklinMSU: The pink football jersey … here's the deal: Adidas is very creative. Many ideas are only concepts, like that one for breast cancer awareness

Adidas created the pink jersey concept, the school didn't (or hasn't yet) approve it for field use.

Last year, Adidas sent their schools several samples of uniforms and uniform elements they could order for a game in October. I know Tennessee got one like this and a normal home jersey with a pink number. Obviously, we didn't order or wear either of them. Most schools didn't.

This picture looks like it's from a trade show or convention. Based on the timing, I'm going to say it's from the CoSIDA/NACMA/NACDA (College Sports Information/Marketing/Athletic Director) conventions this week in Orlando, which are sharing some sessions and exhibition space.

BMxN9vUCAAA7t56.jpg

@stricklinMSU: The pink football jersey … here's the deal: Adidas is very creative. Many ideas are only concepts, like that one for breast cancer awareness

then i dont see the problem. it's a concept uniform.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived