College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

anducumbee - My question was directed at BOTH marketers AND the school. The University of Nebraska seems ok with just "Huskers" but I feel like they're selling themselves short a little.

Also, FWIW, those are both the old secondary and tertiary logos for UNL.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't even think about it, Adidas.

64307_10152743198345249_529657726_n.png

Don't get to caried away with that its just the new adidas campaign with RG3 and all adidas schools ( college and high school) saying that they are all in for week 1.

/Heart attack averted

On a side note, why does EVERY marketing campaign refer to just the "huskers?" Since when did we start dropping the "corn" from the name?

I don't mind the casual usage of Huskers, but even our endzones use the shortened form. Cornhuskers sounds much more "formal" if that makes any sense. Wish they'd use it more often.

I'll give you the answer you don't want to hear. Space. Cornhuskers is longer than Huskers, therefore if you want to make the name or slogan large and bold, you go with the shorter version. In advertising it's about getting people's attention and big and bold is the way you do that. Using Cornhuskers is going to limit the size of the type and therefore take away the boldness of what you are trying to do.

This is what happens when designers make college football helmets nowadays.

http://www.gifbin.com/984247

Designers? Uh, no. Football players and coaches, probably.

Monkey see, monkey do.

damn designers, always trying to ruin everything people love about college football. bunch of iced coffee drinking, weather app making, thick framed glasses wearing hipsters! go push your Wacom pens around on a movie poster and leave sports alone!

Exactly, because when a designer has to design a football helmet, they immediately want to go with a cheap imitation of what someone else has already done. :)

Has this new craze been mentioned yet?

ba_masks.jpg

:censored:

Please G-d. Don't let this be a thing.

Are you kidding me? Of course it'll be a "thing". It's ugly, loud, and designed solely to bring attention to the individual wearing it. But if you point that out, you can be sure someone will tell you all about how the kids will love it, and that's all that matters. (I'm guessing the term "sick" will also come up. That seems to be the current favored term for this sort of stupidity.)

ba_masks.jpg

Are you kidding me? Of course it'll be a "thing". It's ugly, loud, and designed solely to bring attention to the individual wearing it. But if you point that out, you can be sure someone will tell you all about how the kids will love it, and that's all that matters. (I'm guessing the term "sick" will also come up. That seems to be the current favored term for this sort of stupidity.)

It's sick alright. The vomit-inducing type sick. This type of BS should be buried along with the person who came up with this.

If this facemask thing actually does happen, please at least keep the logo the same color as the rest of the facemask. The one on the right in that pic looks much worse to me.

Overall this is the worst idea yet though. It seems college football (college sports in general really) have become a uniform arms race.

90758391980.gif

ba_masks.jpg

It's sick alright. The vomit-inducing type sick. This type of BS should be buried along with the person who came up with this.

It looks like somebody stuck play-doh on top of a regular facemask. The quality looks 3rd rate at best. Assuming this is a u of a fan's garage project as I have a hard time believeing a reputable sporting goods company would put out something like this.

ba_masks.jpg

It looks like somebody stuck play-doh on top of a regular facemask. The quality looks 3rd rate at best. Assuming this is a u of a fan's garage project as I have a hard time believeing a reputable sporting goods company would put out something like this.

Can't say for sure if they're a fan or not, but it's definitely not a "fan made" concept so to speak. They seem to have a legit business manufacturing facemasks.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

ba_masks.jpg

Can't say for sure if they're a fan or not, but it's definitely not a "fan made" concept so to speak. They seem to have a legit business manufacturing facemasks.

Not "fan made", no, but possibly "fan painted".

Archived