College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Chrome Candy Stripes.

Translation: Gaudy Michigan Rip Off.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not a big fan of any of the helmets, but who cares theyre just helmets.

Helmets are among the most visible marketing symbols for football teams. I think "just" is a little much.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

h yes, the oh-so-important tradition of letting teenagers decide the direction of a football program.

The last time I checked, the direction of a program is decided almost exclusively by teenagers/20-somethings.

Helmets are among the most visible marketing symbols for football teams. I think "just" is a little much.

I can see that, but some people are overreacting a little too much. If a program thinks this will help them get kids to take a look or another look at the program then fine. If the team wanted them or likes them then great, it boosts morale.

What is this logo supposed to be? Is it the official university seal or something?

Screen_Shot_2013-06-03_at_2.31.39_PM.png

Why so many red helmets? If you're going to have so many helmets at least change them up more. Was having a white block I on red helmet with white face mask necessary? It's basically the same as their usual helmet except they just took out the U. And what player is going to vote to wear the helmet with the weird school seal logo or whatever it is, over the usual IU logo?

EDIT: oh it's from the state flag. Meh. Unnecessary.

90758391980.gif

What is this logo supposed to be? Is it the official university seal or something?

Screen_Shot_2013-06-03_at_2.31.39_PM.png

Why so many red helmets? If you're going to have so many helmets at least change them up more. Was having a white block I on red helmet with white face mask necessary? It's basically the same as their usual helmet except they just took out the U. And what player is going to vote to wear the helmet with the weird school seal logo or whatever it is, over the usual IU logo?

EDIT: oh it's from the state flag. Meh. Unnecessary.

I find it odd when states with multiple public universities try to claim the entire state as their identity. It's normally not a big problem when you have a "flagship" school and then several other smaller D-II or D-III colleges, but the Big Ten also has, you know, FREAKING PURDUE.

Let's also not forget the joint ventures, such as IUPUI.

Seems odd that the Hoosiers want to corner the market on their home state of Indiana. You'd think this would rile up the Boiler faithful.

Maybe that's what they want?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Screen_Shot_2013-06-03_at_2.34.16_PM.png

this is so stupid, I really don't know what to say about it.

About a week ago I was writing a post in the Jaguars uniform thread and I was trying to come up with a football helmet at any level that is worse than the Jaguars new helmet.

This is it. This one is worse.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Screen_Shot_2013-06-03_at_2.34.16_PM.png

this is so stupid, I really don't know what to say about it.

About a week ago I was writing a post in the Jaguars uniform thread and I was trying to come up with a football helmet at any level that is worse than the Jaguars new helmet.

This is it. This one is worse.

Agreed. And isn't the point of the stripes to have the cream and crimson? If they desperately wanted to hop on the chrome bandwagon, they should make it one of the 'I' helmets.

I can see that, but some people are overreacting a little too much. If a program thinks this will help them get kids to take a look or another look at the program then fine. If the team wanted them or likes them then great, it boosts morale.

Yup it sure does boost morale for that 1/2 day when a player sees the new helmet for the first time, then you get your ass handed to you come gameday by the likes of Ball State and it's back to the doldrums per usual.

You have got to be kidding me.

Like the resurrection of the block "I" (sort of anyway), but I'm not sure whether AD Fred Glass's head is going to be wearing either the chrome dome, state seal, or the "throwback" when it is mounted on a pike outside of Memorial Stadium. Also helmet numbers should get Archimedes because that is Alabama's shtick. I know Fred doesn't care about football, but have some pride and learn to say no.

Also, Adidas sucks. Again.

Who ever said this was adidas's idea I guarantee you adidas would not give a 4 win team 5 helmets. Now I like the white but get rid of the stripe chrome and the one with the odd stars and crap that's terrible.

Well, seeing as Indiana's an Adidas school, that is definitely an Adidas logo on the front of the uniforms, and schools typically don't outsource the helmet component of designs packages....

Care to rethink your stance?

For non-adidas equipment like the team is free to reach out directly to vendors and design whatever helmets they like with which can include horrible designs.

I can assure you adidas does not spend any time designing IU football helments.

I can assure you adidas does not spend any time designing IU football helments.

Well, I can agree with you that these helmets do not indicate an investment of time on the designers' part....

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You have got to be kidding me.

Like the resurrection of the block "I" (sort of anyway), but I'm not sure whether AD Fred Glass's head is going to be wearing either the chrome dome, state seal, or the "throwback" when it is mounted on a pike outside of Memorial Stadium. Also helmet numbers should get Archimedes because that is Alabama's shtick. I know Fred doesn't care about football, but have some pride and learn to say no.

Also, Adidas sucks. Again.

Who ever said this was adidas's idea I guarantee you adidas would not give a 4 win team 5 helmets. Now I like the white but get rid of the stripe chrome and the one with the odd stars and crap that's terrible.

Considering the youtube video was made by adidas i think they might have had some input on the design dont you think?

Ah yes, the oh-so-important tradition of letting teenagers decide the direction of a football program. What a great idea.

im not a fan of the designs, but that is their target audience. the reaction to them couldnt have been any better. the design wil do it's job

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Introducing white helmets did little to improve team fortunes so neither will this.

Today, we are all otaku.

We have officially jumped the shark. A team that had 4 wins last season now has 5 helmets

They actually only have 3 helmets. Just a :censored: ton of different helmet decals for the student managers to play with and keep up with on a week to week basis.

On a side note, BTN.com just had a contest and Indiana was voted 2nd best helmet in the B1G behind Michigan. I like their normal helmet, but there's no way it's better than say.... tOSU (they were broken down by divisions).

As traditional as I am about uniforms, I actually LIKE the candystripe helmet. It's not like Indiana has much of a football tradition to :censored: over anyways.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

We have officially jumped the shark. A team that had 4 wins last season now has 5 helmets

They actually only have 3 helmets. Just a :censored: ton of different helmet decals for the student managers to play with and keep up with on a week to week basis.

On a side note, BTN.com just had a contest and Indiana was voted 2nd best helmet in the B1G behind Michigan. I like their normal helmet, but there's no way it's better than say.... tOSU (they were broken down by divisions).

As traditional as I am about uniforms, I actually LIKE the candystripe helmet. It's not like Indiana has much of a football tradition to :censored: over anyways.

You can't trust those polls. There's no way IU's helmets are better than Iowa, Penn State, OSU, MSU... I'd even put Minnesota's and Purdue's helmet above it.

Archived