College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State is supposedly getting the Oregon treatment this upcoming season. That is according to this Reddit post...

http://www.reddit.co...s_new_uniforms/

Oh wonderful.

I would like to think they would keep the changes simple.

This makes absolutely zero sense to me. Ohio State is one of the most established and identifiable brands in college football, why would you want to muddle that with a hodgepodge of different colors and combinations?

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Ohio State is supposedly getting the Oregon treatment this upcoming season. That is according to this Reddit post...

Oh wonderful.

I would like to think they would keep the changes simple.

This makes absolutely zero sense to me. Ohio State is one of the most established and identifiable brands in college football, why would you want to muddle that with a hodgepodge of different colors and combinations?

$$$

Yes, because Reddit is abundant with reliable information. <_<

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It's 2013, kids want flashy uniforms. Just the like dude said, "Meyer loves tradition. He loves recruiting more."

He doesn't need to recruit that hard. Ohio's one of the best recruiting grounds in the country and Ohio State is the undisputed in state master of college football. They're pretty much a favorite if they offer anybody in state. Oregon needs shiny devices because its in Oregon and has no tradition. Ohio State doesn't.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Reddit guy's been proven to be full of it. Nothing to see here.

Yeah... expect that "Sound of Pennies" guy to post a mock up based on the reddit info soon.

And then say that they floated the mockup around to "test the waters" and gauge the reaction, kinda like that Seahawks concept

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

It's 2013, kids want flashy uniforms. Just the like dude said, "Meyer loves tradition. He loves recruiting more."

He doesn't need to recruit that hard. Ohio's one of the best recruiting grounds in the country and Ohio State is the undisputed in state master of college football. They're pretty much a favorite if they offer anybody in state. Oregon needs shiny devices because its in Oregon and has no tradition. Ohio State doesn't.

If anything, I say the coach & program is the basis on players choosing schools. Why do people think Alabama's stacked like an NFL team every year? Because they want to play for a proven winner like Saban. Same with Meyer & tOSU, Miles & LSU, etc. Uniforms are just cosmetic & are an added extra, IMO.

If anything, I say the coach & program is the basis on players choosing schools. Why do people think Alabama's stacked like an NFL team every year? Because they want to play for a proven winner like Saban. Same with Meyer & tOSU, Miles & LSU, etc. Uniforms are just cosmetic & are an added extra, IMO.

Every player is different, but the tradition of those programs is just as important as who the coach is. That's why Notre Dame was still pulling in top en classes while they were struggling. As silly as it sounds, uniforms are definitely a factor in recruiting. The top programs just don't need to go that route because the school recruits itself. Guys will go to Ohio State because they're Ohio State and because of Urban Meyer. They don't need to roll out 15 uniform combinations to get kids to notice them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Simple marketing tactics. Think about it. If you don't have a competitive advantage in one area, you do what you can to get one in another area. Alabama has a long history winning. How does Oregon compete with that? Uniforms. Something they have easy access to, and it differentiates them. Recruits are "shopping" for their school, and each recruit picks based on their own criteria.

It's not only about ONE thing -- there's a reason people build individual affinities with brands.

Archived