College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching an interview with Bielema just now and he was asked about uniforms. He said that "we have been invited out to Nike a couple of times" and we'll be "jumping in to an agreement next year for a line that is only available to a couple of schools." Anyone have any clue what he could be talking about here?

Here's the interview if you're interested. The comment is about a minute in to the video.

http://www.fox16.com...CPmhKAnmgw.cspx

He's probably referring to the special cut with the chainmail mesh that Oregon and Bama wear.

Thanks! That definitely makes sense. I know he has already said that we will be going back to a more conservative look next season in regards to the actual design. Couple using that new material with some team specific accessories like bucknut suggested and I will be a happy man. After 6 years of modern designs, I am ready to go back to that classic look.

That's a shame because this years unis are the best they've looked in a while. It sucks to have so many teams in the SEC West with similar colors and uniforms.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm on mobile right now so I can't post the photo but there are links to a Penn State shop that show new replica jerseys. Alterations are very minor but mostly include the shift to the new template (at least it looks like the same as the NFL replica models). Also included is the addition of the lion logo to the collar.

Going off of this, I hope the same NFL replica template is rolled out to all college replicas. I would consider my school's jersey if that were the case. Only one I know of that offered it last year was Oregon.

I'm on mobile right now so I can't post the photo but there are links to a Penn State shop that show new replica jerseys. Alterations are very minor but mostly include the shift to the new template (at least it looks like the same as the NFL replica models). Also included is the addition of the lion logo to the collar.

Going off of this, I hope the same NFL replica template is rolled out to all college replicas. I would consider my school's jersey if that were the case. Only one I know of that offered it last year was Oregon.

13001-DEFAULT-l.jpg13004-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Does anyone else really dislike that Penn State went away from the contrasting collar/sleeve cuffs. I may be overstating this a bit, but I feel like that one change took their look from "simple and iconic" to "underdesigned and generic."

I was watching an interview with Bielema just now and he was asked about uniforms. He said that "we have been invited out to Nike a couple of times" and we'll be "jumping in to an agreement next year for a line that is only available to a couple of schools." Anyone have any clue what he could be talking about here?

Here's the interview if you're interested. The comment is about a minute in to the video.

He's probably referring to the special cut with the chainmail mesh that Oregon and Bama wear.

Thanks! That definitely makes sense. I know he has already said that we will be going back to a more conservative look next season in regards to the actual design. Couple using that new material with some team specific accessories like bucknut suggested and I will be a happy man. After 6 years of modern designs, I am ready to go back to that classic look.

That's a shame because this years unis are the best they've looked in a while. It sucks to have so many teams in the SEC West with similar colors and uniforms.

Yeah it's been pretty annoying that since Darren McFadden's freshman year we have switched to new uniforms every two years exactly. Just when you start liking a uniform it is gone. We've also been all over the board with styles. The DMac uniforms were perfect and then we dump those to go with a generic Adidas striping monstrosity. I was really excited to hear the changes that they were making to the current set for this season (removing the gradient from the #'s and adding a red hog logo to the white helmets) and was hoping we could settle in to them for a handful of seasons.

However, Bielema has said at multiple alumni events since he has been hired that he prefers a more conservative look and that we will be going back to more traditional uniforms next year.

I'm curious if he would go back to the DMac era uniforms considering that they were somewhat similar to Wisconsin.

72516151.jpg

Does anyone else really dislike that Penn State went away from the contrasting collar/sleeve cuffs. I may be overstating this a bit, but I feel like that one change took their look from "simple and iconic" to "underdesigned and generic."

I thought that I was going to feel that way when they first came out with these new ones but I like them even though they are even more generic.

I think they're pretty plain, even moreso without the trim. Fortunately the lack of sleeves hides some of the boring.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

BKyUCblCIAA2uKz.jpg

Is that for Penn?

I would guess, yes

BKyUCblCIAA2uKz.jpg

Is that for Penn?

I would guess, yes

I didn't know Penn played games in Boise, ID.

Looks a little too Bronco-y for my taste.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Yeah it's been pretty annoying that since Darren McFadden's freshman year we have switched to new uniforms every two years exactly. Just when you start liking a uniform it is gone. We've also been all over the board with styles. The DMac uniforms were perfect and then we dump those to go with a generic Adidas striping monstrosity. I was really excited to hear the changes that they were making to the current set for this season (removing the gradient from the #'s and adding a red hog logo to the white helmets) and was hoping we could settle in to them for a handful of seasons.

However, Bielema has said at multiple alumni events since he has been hired that he prefers a more conservative look and that we will be going back to more traditional uniforms next year.

I'm curious if he would go back to the DMac era uniforms considering that they were somewhat similar to Wisconsin.

72516151.jpg

what is there to really like about those? the entire uniform is a direct ripoff of oklahoma. even worse than the nebraska-wisconsin fiasco.

72516151.jpg

what is there to really like about those? the entire uniform is a direct ripoff of oklahoma. even worse than the nebraska-wisconsin fiasco.

But when you think of Arkansas (or at least when I think of them) you don't really think of them having flashy or weird uniforms. Something traditional fits the Razorbacks pretty well.

Yeah, I thought their uniforms were great with the cuff stripes and would have been perfect with a single blue pant stripe. Now I think they look too boring.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

72516151.jpg

I don't think it's necessarily that they're that good, but that they're so much better than what they're wearing now.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

72516151.jpg

Arkansas wore that uniform with the double stripe on the pants from at least the late 50's until Danny Ford became our coach in the mid 90's. There is lots of history in that uniform and its definitely not just some recent random Oklahoma ripoff despite the similarities.

13001-DEFAULT-l.jpg13004-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Interesting. That must be a different level of jersey grade. This was the picture I saw:

13010-DEFAULT-l.jpg

If Georgia sold retail replicas on this template, I would probably buy one.

Archived