College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They may be going the same route that Nike went with NFL jerseys last year. The authentic(ish) and he replica

I hope so...if they do I'll defiantly pick up an Ohio State jersey

And I'd grab a Gators jersey if they didn't change to that god-awful number font. I guess I'll get a Michigan State jersey if Nike does it.

I'm on mobile right now so I can't post the photo but there are links to a Penn State shop that show new replica jerseys. Alterations are very minor but mostly include the shift to the new template (at least it looks like the same as the NFL replica models). Also included is the addition of the lion logo to the collar.

Going off of this, I hope the same NFL replica template is rolled out to all college replicas. I would consider my school's jersey if that were the case. Only one I know of that offered it last year was Oregon.

13001-DEFAULT-l.jpg13004-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Interesting. That must be a different level of jersey grade. This was the picture I saw:

13010-DEFAULT-l.jpg

If Georgia sold retail replicas on this template, I would probably buy one.

Nike started making 3 grades of college jerseys last year (not all were available for every school). 110, 90 and 60 IIRC.

BKyUCblCIAA2uKz.jpg

Is that for Penn?

I would guess, yes

Is that for Penn?

I would guess, yes

I didn't know Penn played games in Boise, ID.

Looks a little too Bronco-y for my taste.

I don't see any resemblance

Penn Quakers = tiger stripes?

BKyUCblCIAA2uKz.jpg

Is that for Penn?

I would guess, yes

Is that for Penn?

I would guess, yes

Not tiger stripes. Two navy horizontal sleeve stripes in a field of crimson. The way the sleeve is folded up makes it look like tiger stripes...but I think they go all the way around, so to speak.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

BKyUCblCIAA2uKz.jpg

Is that for Penn?

I would guess, yes

Is that for Penn?

I would guess, yes

Not tiger stripes. Two navy horizontal sleeve stripes in a field of crimson. The way the sleeve is folded up makes it look like tiger stripes...but I think they go all the way around, so to speak.

Yup.

Simple mistake, guys. No need to analyze it. Apparently the Tnak joke is lost on you ;)

On to actual uniform commentary -- massive upgrade over the template-y crap they were wearing. Hopefully that's a full time change.

Pulled it up on my phone .. still have no idea how anyone would make the jump from Penn Quakers and those stripes ... to tiger stripes.

They looked like tiger stripes to me for a millisecond or so and I suspect many here didn't know Penn's mascot is the quakers.

They looked like tiger stripes to me as well and I was why I was puzzled by them until I noticed they were just normal stripes.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

That jersey isn't even in Penn's colors I believe. I'm pretty sure they use a more royal blue, instead of navy.

No they definitely wear a navy blue.

Yup, definitely navy.

penn-football1.jpg

I still find it weird, because this is their logo taken directly from the mothership.

wt412stspwyymg88xe74zav07.gif

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived