Logos and uniforms that have run their course

kajeet

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0c04a963f4e8f6581bfdefabbb2d1f77-getty-98881598rm017_miami_dolphin.jpg

These are WAY too outdated, and they need a modern template. Going with a Vikings-similar template would probably be the best option. The logo should probably stay, though.

Seriously? You want them to adopt a template filled with every single awful piping and paneling phenomenon of the mid-2000s?

I personally have no issues with the Dolphins' current set. Yes, they could wear the aqua jersey more, and yes, the logo could maybe use a little TLC (which is actually in the works), but the one thing I can't stand is the navy drop shadow. It's completely unnecessary and it muddles the set.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Ed+Davis+Toronto+Raptors+v+Atlanta+Hawks+MIMCxi4CFCXl.jpg

The minute the Raptors ditched purple, this uniform set went from cool and distinctive to generic and bland.

Agreed... the Raptors had the same problem as the Bucks: a great color palate ruined by terrible execution.

Broncos? Really? The uniforms, maybe, but not the logo. Though, Denver has so much ownership of the swoosh design now that college teams abandoned it (after it being stock for so long).

I think the Falcons uniforms already look washed out. They're too generic of a design.

Cincinnati Bengals. . . .When I was younger and that design came out, I really liked it, oddly. But now that I'm older, I see why the uniforms were so wrong. It's just a few deficiencies about them that need to be eliminated to be a clean set.

Even if they cleaned up everything wrong with the current ones (font, random side panels, maybe the pant stripe), they still wouldn't look better than this.

121597dilloncowboys_500x431.jpg

It begs for a custom font, but other than that you wouldn't have to change a thing.

You guys keep posting the wrong Bengals set. The jersey prior to that (with vertical shoulder striping and TV numbers on the sleeves) is the one they need to revert back to. That pointless tiger on the sleeves just muddles it up.

Sigs are for sissies.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Jets except their recent history of slowly chipping away at a phenomenal look. The green-over-green, the matching-pants-and-socks, the allowing their manufacturers to completely botch their shoulder stripes. Eliminate all that, and they'd have one of the best uniforms in the sport.

I also feel this identity has done that:

th_MilwaukeeBrewers_PMK1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

YES! I'd feel underwhelmed by a return to 1982-sans-pullovers (though ecstatic to get powder blue back), but there is way too much wrong with the current identity... the half-droptails, the unnecessary dropshadows upon dropshadows, the MS Word sock font numbers... it's all way too minor-leaguish for a big league club [insert snarky joke about the Brewers playing like a MiLB club].

Agreed all around.

The retro alts wouldn't be my first choice, but even that would be a huge improvement.

AllStarCoreyPerryImage2.jpg

I loved these uniforms when they came out. However, they've grown stale on me and I think they could really use an update. I don't think a complete blowup is necessary, but using the "D" as the stand-alone crest and embracing orange a bit more would go a long way.

Hence, the reason why their 3rds should be their future homes...

107188680_display_image.jpg

Archived