NBA Votes Against Sacramento Kings' Relocation To Seattle

Dexter Morgan

Pacific: SEA, POR, GS, LAC, LAL, PHX

West: UTA, DEN, OKC, DAL, SA, HOU

Central: MIN, MIL, CHI, IND, DET, CLE

East: TOR, BOS, NY, BKN, PHI, WAS

South: NO, MEM, CHA, ATL, ORL, MIA

No conferences. Just playoffs maybe up division winners and the next 11 or so best teams. Division winners 1-5 and opponents and remaining seeds determined by records, not locations.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pacific: SEA, POR, GS, LAC, LAL, PHX

West: UTA, DEN, OKC, DAL, SA, HOU

Central: MIN, MIL, CHI, IND, DET, CLE

East: TOR, BOS, NY, BKN, PHI, WAS

South: NO, MEM, CHA, ATL, ORL, MIA

No conferences. Just playoffs maybe up division winners and the next 11 or so best teams. Division winners 1-5 and opponents and remaining seeds determined by records, not locations.

While I kind of like conferences, this would be really nice for me in that it would slash the number of T-Wolves games played two hours behind. Also fewer playoff games (should the Wolves ever make the playoffs again) starting at 10PM.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/1/9/3857168/kings-sale-seattle-finalization

The sale of the Sacramento Kings to a Seattle group headed by hedge fund manager Chris Hansen and Microsoft chairman Steve Ballmer is on course but still a long way from being finalized, according to multiple reports.

Dave Mahler of of Seattle Sportsradio 950 AM reports that sources indicate the deal is moving smoothly, but there is no imminent announcement to come. Assuming all goes as the two sides planned, the deal should be completed by the end of January.

baltimoreravens.png

BUMP:

It seems Mayor KJ thinks otherwise.... Or this could be too little too late?

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2013/1/9/3857812/mayor-kevin-johnson-press-conference-notes-were-going-to-fight-like

Today is a significant day for our community because for the first time it appears that the Kings are for sale. This is significant because for the past 27 years the community has staunchly supported both the NBA and the Kings. Last year, the City presented a deal that was approved by the NBA that would keep the Kings in Sacramento, increase the value of the franchise, and create additional jobs and economic growth in Sacramento and the region as a whole. Following in the steps of our previous efforts, I plan on making every effort to identify a potential buyer that would ensure the Kings remain in Sacramento.

baltimoreravens.png

I'm happy for Seattle, but dismayed for Seattle.

I sure hope all the history goes back/stays in Seattle; none of this "shared history with OKC" business.

The Thunder should make their own history, which they already have started.

Hope that first OKC/Sonics 2.0 game in Seattle is on National TV.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

I'm happy for Seattle, but dismayed for Seattle.

I sure hope all the history goes back/stays in Seattle; none of this "shared history with OKC" business.

The Thunder should make their own history, which they already have started.

Hope that first OKC/Sonics 2.0 game in Seattle is on National TV.

Then what happens to the Kings history? I'm sorry but the best scenario would be the Jets/Thrashers deal. Kings become Sonics but maintain their long existing history. Thunder take the Sonics history for themselves for good. The shared or just give them the history thing ala Cleveland Browns would have worked if Seattle were getting an expansion team. But it doesn't work with an existing team coming in.

I always had a feeling they'd take Sacramento to Seattle eventually. It will definitely be sad for Sacramento whenever it goes through. I just hope that they do this new Seattle franchise justice, and aren't just doing this to say they've brought a team into Seattle because of nostalgic purposes only. Do it right.

I always had a feeling they'd take Sacramento to Seattle eventually. It will definitely be sad for Sacramento whenever it goes through. I just hope that they do this new Seattle franchise justice, and aren't just doing this to say they've brought a team into Seattle because of nostalgic purposes only. Do it right.

No fanbase that gets its team (name, colors, etc.) back should be dealt a Cleveland Browns v2.0-type franchise.

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No fanbase that gets its team (name, colors, etc.) back should be dealt a Cleveland Browns v2.0-type franchise.

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who would spend $500 million plus millions more on a stadium for "nostalgic purposes only"? I think anyone that goes through the efforts of moving a franchise wants to do a good job.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On a completely unrelated note, who in their right mind pays half a billion dollars for an NBA franchise? Hell, the Boston Celtics only went for $ 360 million, and that's a Chicago Cub-like franchise (i.e., one you simply can't screw up to a point where you alienate the fan base). Sacramento/Seattle would be an entirely different story, and one that's certainly not worth $ 500,000,000 to read.

nav-logo.png

On a completely unrelated note, who in their right mind pays half a billion dollars for an NBA franchise? Hell, the Boston Celtics only went for $ 360 million, and that's a Chicago Cub-like franchise (i.e., one you simply can't screw up to a point where you alienate the fan base). Sacramento/Seattle would be an entirely different story, and one that's certainly not worth $ 500,000,000 to read.

As evidenced on eBay constantly, sometimes you overpay to make sure you get what you want.

I'm sure the NBA's relocation fee is included in the price.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I'm sure the NBA's relocation fee is included in the price.

Perhaps, but that still (in my view) doesn't add up to anywhere near the value of the Celtics, let alone half a billion.

nav-logo.png

As evidenced on eBay constantly, sometimes you overpay to make sure you get what you want.

That and this price would include the payoff of 77 million in debt the team owes the city. So it's not technically part of the price. Not clear if the relocation fee is in the price however.

Archived