Browns sell stadium naming rights

canzman

Well it should just be First Energy's logo above Stadium. Not surprised with the change. Corporations bought signage above the gates because Lerner didn't want to piss off fans by giving away stadium name. As long as the money helps make the team better I'm fine with it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Well it should just be First Energy's logo above Stadium. Not surprised with the change. Corporations bought signage above the gates because Lerner didn't want to piss off fans by giving away stadium name. As long as the money helps make the team better I'm fine with it.

It will be...First Energy Field at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Home of the Cleveland Browns of Cleveland

Not sure the money will make the team better, but it should make the game experience better. CB Stadium desperately needs new video boards, and I know I have heard they want to put in a turf field to improve field conditions and save money on field upkeep.

70389454.png

Now it's time for the next step: a complete rebrand/reboot of the Browns' uniforms and logos. This idea is sacrilege, punishable by waterboarding, to some on this board I know. While some say the uniform is "classic", but to me it's now extremely dated. The "classic" teams that wore that uniform had players like Otto Graham and Jim Brown in them...and they haven't won a title in them since 1964, much less advance to the Super Bowl. They could still keep these unis as throwbacks and wear them 2-3 times a year anyway.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Always felt like anything other than Paul Brown Stadium, which for obvious reasons was not an option, was a copout, so it's not like we're losing a great name. It's only the NFL, anyway. NFL stadiums aren't worth romanticizing.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not sure the money will make the team better, but it should make the game experience better. CB Stadium desperately needs new video boards, and I know I have heard they want to put in a turf field to improve field conditions and save money on field upkeep.

The NFL has a salary cap, so extra money doesn't really help at all. I'm sure it will go into making the stadium better. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice stadium but Haslam doesn't want just a "nice" stadium. He's been to Cowboys Stadium and Metlife Stadium and knows it can be improved. To me Cowboys Stadium is too gaudy, so I'd rather take away some designs from Metlife.

The NFL has a salary cap, so extra money doesn't really help at all. I'm sure it will go into making the stadium better. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice stadium but Haslam doesn't want just a "nice" stadium. He's been to Cowboys Stadium and Metlife Stadium and knows it can be improved. To me Cowboys Stadium is too gaudy, so I'd rather take away some designs from Metlife.

Too.... gaudy?

Wut?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Goodyear Stadium would've had a nice ring to it—I mean, so long as they're going with Akron-based companies.

Honestly, though, I was kinda secretly hoping they'd go with Pilot Flying J Field at Cleveland Browns Stadium...just the mash-up of all mash-ups. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Always felt like anything other than Paul Brown Stadium, which for obvious reasons was not an option, was a copout, so it's not like we're losing a great name. It's only the NFL, anyway. NFL stadiums aren't worth romanticizing.

Lambeau Field is; and Soldier Field was.

There are rumors floating around the new uniforms are very much at the forefront of Haslem/Banner collective. Not for the upcoming season, but I have heard the season starting in 2014 at the earliest. No word if it will be a complete over all, including Nike rebranding, helmet logo, new uniforms, etc. or just small tweaks, like moving to a Florida Gators stripe, adding orange pants, and possibly brown pants.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'm surprised Cleveland Clinic didn't buy the naming rights.

I believe they owned quite a few naming rights to entrances. I'm sure they put a bid in, but The Cleveland Clinic is pushing hard for expansion... potentially up to 14 new buildings.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I believe they owned quite a few naming rights to entrances. I'm sure they put a bid in, but The Cleveland Clinic is pushing hard for expansion... potentially up to 14 new buildings.

I feel like a place like the Cleveland Clinic has better ways to spend their money, than throw $10 million a year just for naming rights. It is the top hospital/medical center in the country, but it's not often you see a hospital make a hard push for naming rights. I'm not even sure if I can remember a stadium in the country that is named after a hospital? I thought a company like Goodyear, Sherwin Williams, Bridgeston/Firestone, or MTD/CubCadet would have tried to get the naming rights too.

I feel like a place like the Cleveland Clinic has better ways to spend their money, than throw $10 million a year just for naming rights. It is the top hospital/medical center in the country, but it's not often you see a hospital make a hard push for naming rights. I'm not even sure if I can remember a stadium in the country that is named after a hospital? I thought a company like Goodyear, Sherwin Williams, Bridgeston/Firestone, or MTD/CubCadet would have tried to get the naming rights too.

Its all about ego. Just like owning a professional sports team... its all about ego. They talked about that on 92.3 this morning... if naming rights to stadiums/areanas actually pay off. If people associate their favorite teams (or any teams for that matter) which the name on the stadium.

Archived