SBXLVIII Logo Concept

exaccardi

Hey guys, I recently entered this logo in a contest on Uni-Watch, a site with which I'm sure you guys are familiar. I wanted to hear feedback from this community since there are so many contestants on Uni-Watch that very few of the logos are getting comments. If you like the logo, it would be great if you guys would vote for me here: http://www.uni-watch...-logo/#comments Scroll up bit to find the poll.

Here's the logo:

8373021999_47b7cb6099_o.png

The game is being played in MetLife Stadium, so the logo is meant to reflect the facade, while incorporating the fact that it will be the first cold weather outdoor Superbowl.

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

Why the snowflake? Having the snowflake there is kind of a negative notation. The NFL and the Super Bowl organizers are hoping everything goes well and the weather is good. This logo negates that idea. Besides, this isn't the Winter Classic and this isn't a Super Bowl in Antarctica. It doesn't snow all the time in New York in February.

Get rid of the snowflake, and while you're at it change the ice blue you have the XLVIII in to another color. The rest of the logo looks fine by the way (including the conference logos); just get rid of all hints of winter and ice.

Why the snowflake? Having the snowflake there is kind of a negative notation. The NFL and the Super Bowl organizers are hoping everything goes well and the weather is good. This logo negates that idea. Besides, this isn't the Winter Classic and this isn't a Super Bowl in Antarctica. It doesn't snow all the time in New York in February.

Get rid of the snowflake, and while you're at it change the ice blue you have the XLVIII in to another color. The rest of the logo looks fine by the way (including the conference logos); just get rid of all hints of winter and ice.

Disagree. The host committee logo uses a snowflake. I'm sure the NFL is hoping there isn't 3 feet of snow that day, but they are embracing the idea of a cold weather game. In this case the snowflake represents cold, not snow.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

To be honest, it's gonna be hard to vote for you when someone else submitted this:

8373194645_6771ace4e3_o.jpg

Nicely rendered but I don't like the idea if using the George Washington bridge as the focal point. Even though I know the host committee does. There's too many other more prominent NY landmarks to use. I'm assuming that's meant to be the GW any other bridge would make zero sense.

When I saw that logo, the first thing I thought was "Seahawks." The next thing I thought was "Pacific Northwest." It's not New York enough. Like goforbroke said about the other logo, it's nicely rendered, but it's just not there, idea-wise. In that competition, I liked the logo that was playing off of the marquee for Radio City Music hall. That one felt like a proper Super Bowl logo to me.

To be honest, it's gonna be hard to vote for you when someone else submitted this:

8373194645_6771ace4e3_o.jpg

Nicely rendered but I don't like the idea if using the George Washington bridge as the focal point. Even though I know the host committee does. There's too many other more prominent NY landmarks to use. I'm assuming that's meant to be the GW any other bridge would make zero sense.

I don't either, but they really want to push this "New York/New Jersey" thing... and by push I mean shamelessly and unapologetically rape our esophagi.

I decided to go with the ice blue instead of the blue/green color scheme because I think that it's more important that the game is being played in cold weather than it is in New York. Using the colors of the teams who play in the Super Bowl stadium isn't really a thing, and I think that that's just in case one team does happen to make it to the super bowl. Since the skyline motif has been done about million times for New York events, I decided I'd go in another direction.

Soccer.jpg?t=1301776720England.png?t=1301868161Germany-1.png?t=1301800713FCB.png?t=1303259982

When I saw that logo, the first thing I thought was "Seahawks." The next thing I thought was "Pacific Northwest." It's not New York enough.

That might be a problem because of the use of green and blue -- which makes us think seahawks, canucks, pacific northwest. But, I think the use of green and blue in this case is to represent Jets and Giants.

Archived