Logos associated with failure.

BadSeed84

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/31/2017 at 5:41 PM, ImmortalChef said:

When I see this logo, I feel a rush of emotions, and none of them are failure

Perhaps because failure isn't an emotion?

• Like 5

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

On 4/6/2017 at 7:02 PM, Radiohead said:

On their own perhaps they weren't a failure...but together, a major one.

free-vector-aol-time-warner_088533_aol-time-warner.png

2055_20_2000-aol-time-warner-and-the-iloveyou-worm.jpg

Time Warner has never had the most stellar history itself. It has always been a messy pool of bureaucracy, and the only reason the company ever existed was so Time Inc. could protect itself from hostile takeover attempts.

On 4/6/2017 at 1:40 PM, tohasbo said:

Once mid to late 1999 hit.

images.png

10 hours ago, 2001mark said:

Associated with success imo.  

3 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Yea I wouldn't consider ECW a failure, for a fed that ran from 1993-2001, it is fondly remember, and never got bad,and people still chant it today. You're not going to post every wrestling fed that isn't active anymore as a failure.

Anyways hhgregg_logo_586_widget_logo.png

Hence the major reason why I said after 1999 hit.  Remember, ECW got d*cked over by TNN.  Had ECW been somewhere else rather than TNN, they could have survived well into the 2000s.  Maybe not in the same way as it was but I still feel like it COULD have become the #2 promotion, at least in the United States.

4 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Anyways hhgregg_logo_586_widget_logo.png

I only ever heard of them when they started doing random national commercials.  I remember going "what the heck is an hhgregg" and now they're closing all of their stores by the end of May.  and I thought working for Sports Authority was bad.  oh yeah...
Sports_Authority.gif

geez where to start.  they went public with their stock and then proceeded to buy planes for their Executives to fly around the country. they partnered with Champion for an exclusive apparel deal specifically focusing on 'Athleisure' rather than with a known or associated brand and spent thousands if not more on a joint brand (Champion GEAR or something). and then trying to eke out Dick's, they got the naming rights for Mile High despite being in an era where brick and mortar is slowly succumbing to online.  Oh yes, and a very lackluster online selection that was run by the same company that ran Dick's online shop. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Hence the major reason why I said after 1999 hit.  Remember, ECW got d*cked over by TNN.  Had ECW been somewhere else rather than TNN, they could have survived well into the 2000s.  Maybe not in the same way as it was but I still feel like it COULD have become the #2 promotion, at least in the United States.

I must've misread it as mid to late 90s, ok I get 99 yea, I'd use the logo with TNN then.

ECWTNN.jpg

• Like 1

On 2017-04-13 at 6:04 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

I must've misread it as mid to late 90s, ok I get 99 yea, I'd use the logo with TNN then.

ECWTNN.jpg

ECW was definitely a failure. The promotion was running on fumes from 1999-2001. It was a slower decline from their peak than WCW's decline from their peak, but they were also playing to a smaller audience.

On 29 ngɔn osú 2013 at 8:51 PM, Joshawaggie said:

Most of the independent stores I see around here have the new font, but there are still a few malls that have the inlined, including the MOA, if you can believe that.

There's an independent Sears around here that still uses the inlined logo.

Nobody goes there anymore.

It's about to go out of business.