Chicago Blackhawks

Lights Out

First things first, I tried to update a logo that I feel is incredibly outdated, cluttered, and poorly-rendered, while still staying true to the traditional aspects of it. I'm not quite sold on the eye shape, but here goes:

o7rgr4.png

I also updated the uniforms, adding in gold trim, making the striping pattern more consistent, and making the black sweater the primary, because they're the Blackhawks.

8O6HlQ9.png

DHcPlTK.png

tC4I8FX.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The name "Blackhawks" has nothing to do with the color black, and you can hardly even see the gold trim on the jerseys. It's superfluous.

Furthermore, you've wrecked the logo. The eye is almost non-existent.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Frankly, I hate the whole Blackhawks=Blackhawks thing. It's a very tired argument that needs to rest in peace.

As for the uniforms, they're really not that bad. The gold trim is okay but also unnecessary. The logo on the other hand... yikes... it really does look like this guy has no eyes at all. I can see what your intentions were but you completely overshot it.

The facial structure is portrayed in manner where the eye and eyebrow should not touch. And if so, since logos usually don't aim for complete accuracy anyway, the eyebrow should be lowered, not vice versa.

Midway.png

Cyclops jokes aside, I disagree with your assertion that their logo is "outdated, cluttered and poorly rendered." It's obviously a design from a different era, but I'd say its held up remarkably well. And the reason it's held up is because its remarkably well-rendered. Some logos are untouchable because of nostalgia, but even nostalgia aside, I very much like the uniqueness of their current.

The Blackhawks are, ultimately, named after a Native chief, not anything that's actually black.

Also the logo's fine as is. Nothing outdated about it. I'm sorry, your updated primary does nothing for me.

What used to be an ok logo is now... Yeesh. The perspective on the eye is wrong, war paint is bad, and the feathers are a lateral movement at best.

Jerseys are nice, though the number don't looks similar to old Washington Capitals

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Props for getting creative with the Blackhawks, not an easy team to do by any means. That being said I don't think the current Blackhawks needs to be changed. It is simply one of the greatest logos in the history of sports. I like the subtle gold trim though, adds a much needed splash of colour.

Archived