Miami Dolphins' New Logo

imaprince

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Instead of criticizing it as a cross-eye, has anyone took into consideration that perhaps the white part of the eye is the iris; and that the dark aqua blue color is the sclera?

This is how I see it... the iris is missing (I inserted it here) and all you see is the sclera. The dark blue to the right of the eye is shading to accentuate the snout.

Untitled.png

The common harbor porpoise has an abrupt snout, pointed teeth, and a triangular thoracic fin, while the bottle-nosed dolphin, or Tursiops truncatus, has an elongated beak, round, cone-shaped teeth, and a serrated dorsal appendage.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I love this change. The old one (to steal from lights out) is too corny.

As for "intimidating", that's just not necessary. Look at how intimidating some comical minor league logos are. Should Texas make its football helmet logo more intimidating? Maybe the Detroit Lions should.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the Lions tried to do. People here in Detroit made fun of the old one... called him "Bubbles the lion"... so the new one is supposed to be tougher.

Maybe. But they could have gone the "cat head" route (since there are not enough of those in the NFL) and had teeth and a mean look on its face. All they really did was clean it up and try to have some motion in it. I was really glad with how it ended up; I really feared they'd go "ferocious head". And if they made it tougher, it was pretty much by default, they could have gone the minor league "ferocious" route if they'd wanted to.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Instead of criticizing it as a cross-eye, has anyone took into consideration that perhaps the white part of the eye is the iris; and that the dark aqua blue color is the sclera?

This is how I see it... the iris is missing (I inserted it here) and all you see is the sclera. The dark blue to the right of the eye is shading to accentuate the snout.

Untitled.png

The common harbor porpoise has an abrupt snout, pointed teeth, and a triangular thoracic fin, while the bottle-nosed dolphin, or Tursiops truncatus, has an elongated beak, round, cone-shaped teeth, and a serrated dorsal appendage.

OK, now he's looking at me in a way I'm just not comfortable with.

Looks like it should be the logo to an old age community in Fort Lauderdale.

So true.

This logo just does not look like the logo of a major professional sports team.

It does in the 21st Century....

:rolleyes:

I remember someone using that line to defend the Buffaslug.

Love the update. I never understood the love for the old cartoon with the ill-fitting helmet and 60's style sunburst.

They're a Miami-based team that was founded in the 60s. The logo is kitschy and goofy. Like Miami in the 60s.

I'm not going to say the new logo looks like something you'd see on a retirement home, but it does look like something you'd see a cruise line, aquarium, or beach side hotel use.

I believe it's a great new logo in defined terms as a "logo" but it doesn't in anyway come off as something you'd vision being a Professional Sports Team's Logo.

Perhaps too many people were involved in the design process because I just can't see this being the finalized product for a football franchise, too many great designers for this to just be "IT".

Too me it looks like a design I'd see from either a Discount Clothing Store for Women Shirts or a Miami Beach Side Hotel.

Very bland for an NFL Team and not Modern like the Jacksonville Jaguars enhanced Logo which took Modern to another level in regards to NFL teams rebranding themselves.

Untitled.png

OK, now he's looking at me in a way I'm just not comfortable with.

comment of the day lmao

True2OB.png

Lol, after defending this logo for so long, I'm starting to dislike it after seeing the official logo. I think my main gripe other than the noisy asymmetrical sun is that the logo doesn't read well at small sizes. When it is used as an icon it looks like crap. All the detail is lost, and it just looks like a squiggle or aqua fresh toothpaste drop.

The old logo didn't read well at small sizes either, but this one might look worse at small sizes due to its shape.

I was hoping the dolphins would come up with something iconic, but this isn't that.

Also, the changes they made with the length of the eye and making the tail smaller Sony sit well with me. It looks out of balance now, like this dolphin has a giant head.

The logo looks OK at larger sizes when you can see the detail, but at small sizes it looks awful. A good logo should look good at all sizes.

From the dolphins team website "We're excited to show the rest of what we've done, including the uniforms, which we think are going to be jaw-dropping when they come out on April 25." Hmmmm "jaw-dropping" I wonder how they will look.

Yeah, jaw-dropping is almost always bad.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Looks like it should be the logo to an old age community in Fort Lauderdale.

So true.

This logo just does not look like the logo of a major professional sports team.

It does in the 21st Century....

:rolleyes:

I remember someone using that line to defend the Buffaslug.

Right. Except the Buffaslug was COMPLETELY different from the original Sabres logo and a pretty good majority was against it. It was almost unrecognizable.

The new Dolphins logo still keeps most of its elements from the past Dolphins logos (the sun, a dolphin jumping, colors) and you can still tell which team it is. Also, there seems to be much more positive reaction to this than there was for Buffalo.

I stand by my 21st Century comment. Time doesn't dictate taste or form. It does, however, form certain looks. The "goofy helmet dolphin" was great for the 70's, 80's, and 90's, but it's time for it to go.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived