New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless what he's saying is that he was given a warning but not an actual ban. Duplicate account not necessary in that case.

I'd still be wary of admitting it; doesn't reflect very well on one.

I would not be opposed to a black facemask. To me, a black mask is equivalent to a gray mask in that it is a neutral, equipment color.

I agree..

I would agree, except for all the teams which have brought black properly into their color scheme for merchandizing reasons.

That development makes makes black far from "neutral" in that sense.

Here's my thought on how the sleeve stripe could transition from home to road (keeping the gold surrounded by purple), and as a bonus, visually connect to the pants stripe.

AJUNK_zps2fb8efc1.png

(By the way, I think this counts as my first time ever for posting a concept)

Man if the vikings look anything close to that it will be a top 5 look in the league IMO. And that division as a whole will just look sharp. That look looks really solid and cohesive so I hope it is something similar to that. Good work.

This.

Can't wait to get my Blair Walsh away jersey. Hopefully it's just like this.

Unless what he's saying is that he was given a warning but not an actual ban. Duplicate account not necessary in that case.

I would not be opposed to a black facemask. To me, a black mask is equivalent to a gray mask in that it is a neutral, equipment color.

I agree..

I would agree, except for all the teams which have brought black properly into their color scheme for merchandizing reasons.

Black IS an official Vikings color; for what it's worth.

Just because I don't agree with a Bears fan hoping for a crap uniform I get TWO a ban warning? What kind of message board is this? Anyhow, as I said I like the uniform, it is OLD SCHOOL.......BTW! The purple had not changed, it is still the same exact crappy purple that we have had for 7 years. I have no idea why VIKINGS.com made it look darker like the cool Raven purple. The one downfall IMHO! The color purple in the block white letters 28 is what the purple looks like. Lot's of people thought the camera guy screwed up on that one when in reality he was the only one to get it right, lol

6hrq0k.png

I agree..

Black IS an official Vikings color; for what it's worth.

So's peach, but they wouldn't paint a facemask that color.

The Vikings did jump on the "black merchandise" trend very early.

They used to call it "Flesh Tone", but started calling it "Vikings Tan" a couple of seasons ago for some reason - possibly for PC reasons.

Yes, I got a banned warning which I figured I would.

PROBABLY not the smartest thing to admit on the board. The administration tends to frown on duplicate accounts to avoid bans.

Watching what's happening on tv right now then watching people take message board discipline seriously is amusing.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I'm sorry if the term rubs you wrong, but "pretending" is the exact term I intended and still intend to use. I don't think it's a poor choice of words, and I certainly don't see how it's insulting or dismissive. That seems like quite a leap. I still think it's more or less pretending.

The problem with "pretending" as a word choice in this context is that it makes presumptions about your fellow posters and their motives.

The word implies a level of dishonesty, as if the other person knows something is not true but continues to act as though it is. It's impossible not to infer some sort of dismissiveness out of it, at the very least.

It's always better to discuss the opinion and not the person. This word choice makes that very hard.

They used to call it "Flesh Tone", but started calling it "Vikings Tan" a couple of seasons ago for some reason - possibly for PC reasons.

Viking tan? Talk about an oxymoron.

discipline for what? Because I didn't agree with the Bears and Packer fan? They want it so bad to be a fairy uniform and it's not, so sad.

I think saying you can't stand someone is going bit far. It kinda gets people upset & causes things to escalate.

The mods rightfully so are trying to help you understand we can have a difference of opinion without making it personal.

Lighten up a bit & you will have no problem here.

Archived