New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

This makes complete sense. I'm really hoping this is what the final design looks like.

I hope you don't mind oldschoolvikings, but I transferred your idea onto my earlier mock-up to see what it would look like with the number font and such.

VikingsMockUp_zpsb36c691c.png

Hey Matt I love where this is going. I had one quick thought about the whole thing and that was socks! The stripe pattern lends it self for some sock stripes that I think make sense. I hope you don't mind, but I took your design and added them. Curious to what you think of the addition.

VikingsMockUp_zpsb36c691c_PF_zps5b56bbe0.png

I also added a serif to the bottom of the 2's as well, just to complete them. Just something that I think we might see on the numbers when it's all said and done, although I could be totally wrong.

how much one little piece of color can make a difference. that yellow stripe on the socks is the finishing touch on this. i'd be worried someone would say "it needs a stripe on the helmet" but this is a good example of the variety principle

Packers had a stripe like that from 1988 through 91:

1991_Packers_v_Atlanta_1.jpg

Always liked that.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for the sake of conversation, anyone ever wondered what it would look like if they got rid of the black around the horn on the helmet and keep the sticker clear there so the purple of the helmet shows through?

I guess a better way of saying that would be, a purple outline instead of a black outline.

That black outline always bugged me.

But then again, I'm always irritated.

You mean something like this?

f3KXnaz.png

It's probably going to have a textured finish. That's what I got from Jared Allen's reaction to it.

If we take that Allen video at face value, then yes, something absolutely caught him off guard when he first opened the box that will be immediately recognized as different. However, I'm in the camp that believes the video was scripted, and the the helmet was likely not even in the video at all.

so the VIkings are trolling everyone because? . . .

im sticking with it. Silver helmet!

So... you'd hate a gray facemask, because there's no other gray anywhere but you'd like a silver helmet because...?

got me confused with someone else, Broski

grey would be fine with the traditional elements, very Bills like. silver is a neutral and would work. i'm just throwing it out there because it would be a radical unexpected move. i would bet on purple with a pattern/texture of some sort

Ah, my mistake. I thought about going back and checking where everybody landed on the "gray masks are awesome vs. Gray masks are the work of the devil" argument, but the idea of doing so made me want to shoot myself.

Just for the sake of conversation, anyone ever wondered what it would look like if they got rid of the black around the horn on the helmet and keep the sticker clear there so the purple of the helmet shows through?

I guess a better way of saying that would be, a purple outline instead of a black outline.

That black outline always bugged me.

But then again, I'm always irritated.

You mean something like this?

f3KXnaz.png

Much better

f3KXnaz.png

Instantly better, although the fussiness of the new horn is still a downgrade from the simple old one.

"Fussiness" is a good word for it. I kind of like some aspects of it... specifically, the small detail shadows at the southwest and northeast edges of the base circle are descriptive and nice. The "double smile" shadows at the southeast edge I can certainly live without. But the black being replaced by purple (as it was for the first 50 years or so) is an improvement, overall.

f3KXnaz.png

Instantly better, although the fussiness of the new horn is still a downgrade from the simple old one.

"Fussiness" is a good word for it. I kind of like some aspects of it... specifically, the small detail shadows at the southwest and northeast edges of the base circle are descriptive and nice. The "double smile" shadows at the southeast edge I can certainly live without. But the black being replaced by purple (as it was for the first 50 years or so) is an improvement, overall.

So, here we go... keep the shadows I like, lose the ones I don't, get rid of the black outline. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

vikhelm_zps40d2586f.png

I've always liked the idea of the Vikings helmet more than the actual look of it. It's still good, don't get me wrong.

But it doesn't really read as a horn all that well to me. Over time it has because I know what it is, but when i was a kid and would just see pictures without thinking, it always just liking looked like... well I don't even know. Just this flying sort of thing.

I wonder if some of that is due to the white standing out so much from the purple, but I have no idea if that's the case (nor do I think it should be any other color combo).

Anyways, that doesn't add much to the conversation because I don't want to change much (the details are up for debate), just thought I'd add it.

f3KXnaz.png

So, here we go... keep the shadows I like, lose the ones I don't, get rid of the black outline. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

vikhelm_zps40d2586f.png

Perfect*

*provided the face mask gets changed to white.

qvAvG.jpg

I've always liked the idea of the Vikings helmet more than the actual look of it. It's still good, don't get me wrong.

But it doesn't really read as a horn all that well to me. Over time it has because I know what it is, but when i was a kid and would just see pictures without thinking, it always just liking looked like... well I don't even know. Just this flying sort of thing.

I wonder if some of that is due to the white standing out so much from the purple, but I have no idea if that's the case (nor do I think it should be any other color combo).

Anyways, that doesn't add much to the conversation because I don't want to change much (the details are up for debate), just thought I'd add it.

I actually feel the same way, never really came across as a horn. Maybe Nike should add like a shadow or something, that'd be kinda cool potentially.

Okay, I have been lurking long enough to read this entire thread, hope that's creepy enough for you all. Just wanted to pipe in that some of the pictures I've seen in this thread are amazing! That being said, I would like to see some more ideas for the helmet design if possible?

I mean, I mess with the gimp a bit but I don't think I could come up with anything I would be proud to post here... In fact, you guys have me considering a change of hobbies, apparently design isn't my thing.

I know what you're trying to say, but this just makes me unconfortable.

Maybe he's the caretaker from The Intouchables.

Fantastic movie btw.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Please, no more grey masks.

Amen brother

At this point, I'll be surprised if there isn't a gray mask.

Me too...but I am holding my breathe as they are trying to put a modern twist on a traditional look.

spacer.png

I've always loved the Vikings' helmets. But I have to admit that learning real vikings never had helmet horns has kinda spoiled it for me. Looks cool and all but if a large part of your identify is not based in reality...that's a bummer.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived