New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting back to the uniforms, what are the chances they go with purple sleeves on the white jersey to keep the yellow and white stripes consistent?

I don't know about a purple sleeve, specifically, but it does seem obvious they're trying to isolate the gold within purple fields (so far), so I doubt the white sleeve will just be a straight-up negative of the purple one. Same with the wordmark... I could see it having a purple outline against the white jersey (like the steelers do with the NOB of their white jersey.

Possible facemask colors:

Yellow: Not going to happen, would be a joke.

White: Hate white facemasks unless most of the shell is white as well usually, its out.

Purple: Would be down obviously.

Grey: Would not mind it at all.

People on the grey facemask crusade need to lay off the haterade. Not every team that does it pulls it off, and I'm going to withhold judgement on any potential grey facemask to the Vikings uniforms until I see them.

Grey facemasks in of themselves are not bad, it all comes down to execution.

As long as they don't do any ridiculous bull :censored: chainmail sublimnated pattern on the helmet I'm going into this with an open mind.

Sorry, but I will continue to drink it. It is my opinion (and I know it's just mine) that any team without silver or gray in their scheme looks worse with a gray mask. To me, the Colts looked much better ten years ago (because of the blue mask, but also the full shoulder stripes). The Niners, Cardinals, and browns would all look better with a colored mask. I don't even like the Giants gray mask but cut them some slack because of their pants.

Raiders, Cowboys (and maybe someone else I am forgetting) is about it for me.

I'd rather have the sublimation than the gray mask. Though I really don't want that either.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Possible facemask colors:

Yellow: Not going to happen, would be a joke.

White: Hate white facemasks unless most of the shell is white as well usually, its out.

Purple: Would be down obviously.

Grey: Would not mind it at all.

People on the grey facemask crusade need to lay off the haterade. Not every team that does it pulls it off, and I'm going to withhold judgement on any potential grey facemask to the Vikings uniforms until I see them.

Grey facemasks in of themselves are not bad, it all comes down to execution.

As long as they don't do any ridiculous bull :censored: chainmail sublimnated pattern on the helmet I'm going into this with an open mind.

Sorry, but I will continue to drink it.

MMIEts0.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

These uniforms are awesome. I am just glad Ziggy and company decided to listen to the fans and go OLD SCHOOL! I am also happy we are not the poster children for the NEXT Seatttle uniform. Sounds like that is the Jags.... Looks great! Imagine being stuck for another six years in some wanna be future Uniform. We already went through that with the terrible 2006. Return to roots man ;-)

6hrq0k.png

Based on the sneak peak pics I feel safe to say black is not an option. Would make even less sense than the gray.

im going to stay open to this possibility. i like black as a modern neutral. like Minnesota U. (or is it U of Minnesota?) plus, we don't know anything of the helmet yet except it's "some old and some new". i joked, but i honestly like the idea of a silver shell/purple mask

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

These uniforms are awesome. I am just glad Ziggy and company decided to listen to the fans and go OLD SCHOOL! I am also happy we are not the poster children for the NEXT Seatttle uniform. Sounds like that is the Jags.... Looks great! Imagine being stuck for another six years in some wanna be future Uniform. We already went through that with the terrible 2006. Return to roots man ;-)

Once again, these uniforms are not "old school". The Vikings have never worn anything like these before.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Based on the sneak peak pics I feel safe to say black is not an option. Would make even less sense than the gray.

im going to stay open to this possibility. i like black as a modern neutral. like Minnesota U. (or is it U of Minnesota?) plus, we don't know anything of the helmet yet except it's "some old and some new". i joked, but i honestly like the idea of a silver shell/purple mask

I'm with you on that. Not sure how it would look with the rest of the uniform, but I like that color combination.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Once again, these uniforms are not "old school". The Vikings have never worn anything like these before.

I think he means the design in general (as ooposed to Seattle or Minny's current clown suits).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Getting back to the uniforms, what are the chances they go with purple sleeves on the white jersey to keep the yellow and white stripes consistent?

I think it's possible. I'd say we're in line for something less than 100% mirroring the purple jersey because the yellow stripe on the white sleeve would not look great. I think your thought is a possibility. Another is putting purple outlines above, below and between the stripes (i.e., filling in the area between the yellow and white stripes)

Let's just go back to leather helmets so we can end this facemask debate.

But is the leather a natural color or dyed? Because traditional uniforms need a natural leather helmet. Otherwise...

Yeah.

WashingtonRedskins_CLSHRQ01a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

Clearly needs a gray mask.

:P

Needs no mask. Or maybe clear!

are the stripes going to be vertical or horizontal? (on the road jerseys....I mean)

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Minnesota, University of Minnesota, U of M, UMN, and to some locals it is simply "The U". Never Minnesota U or U of Minnesota.

While I think the Gophers' uniforms are absolutely amazing (especially the number font), the black mask took some getting used to. Now I think it looks great. And a black mask might look even better on a Vikings helmet given that there is already a small amount of black utilized on the horn.

That said, I am still holding out hope that the mask remains purple. But I have come to accept grey and black because the rest of the uniform looks damn near perfect based on what I was hoping for.

????????What is not old school about them? What is not anything like they have worn before? you make zero sense! The white numbers are back, the sleeves are back with yellow and white, they got rid of that terrible yellow collar. Take a look at the 2011 throwbacks side by side and tell me what is so different from the throwbacks? It is old school man with a new twist (new twist meaning new gen uniform styles). You make no sense..... I can't stand negative nancy's like you and I could care less if you have posted 3000 times. Oh! and I forgot the old belt is back! it is not the new style belt..... The black shoes are awesome also.
6hrq0k.png

????????What is not old school about them? What is not anything like they have worn before? you make zero sense! The white numbers are back, the sleeves are back with yellow and white, they got rid of that terrible yellow collar. Take a look at the 2011 throwbacks side by side and tell me what is so different from the throwbacks? It is old school man with a new twist (new twist meaning new gen uniform styles). You make no sense..... I can't stand negative nancy's like you and I could care less if you have posted 3000 times. Oh! and I forgot the old belt is back! it is not the new style belt..... The black shoes are awesome also.

Why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

'Its leave! Make like a tree and leave!' Sorry couldn't resist. Lol

'Its leave! Make like a tree and leave!' Sorry couldn't resist. Lol

What you looking at, butthead?

Go A's!

and answers no questions....! whatever.... Yes, I got a banned warning which I figured I would. But you ALL haven't told me how they are not like OLD SCHOOL. And why a MAJORITY hate the new ones.. I guess you would prefer the 2006. It was nice to see Viking Brass caring about what the fans wanted. And ofcourse a Bears fan and a A's fan would think they suck..

6hrq0k.png

Archived