Celebrating Goals, Touchdowns, Home Runs...

Rampart

I'm curious to find out of various teams celebrate their goals, touchdowns, home runs, (etc.). Not the players so much, but rather the stadium or arena. Do they play a song (if so, what song), have anything in the stadium that lights up or makes noise (i.e. the Mets big apple)?

Nobody knows what the Twins do to celebrate home runs.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Nobody knows what the Twins do to celebrate home runs.

:lol: Seriously, though, your team's "Minnie & Paul" celebration is one of my favorites in the big leagues.

Anyway, here are the three celebrations my home teams use.

My Pack plays Todd Rundgren's "Bang the Drum All Day," usually accompanied by a Lambeau Leap:

We all know about Bernie Brewer and his slide...though I REALLY miss when it was from his chalet into a beer mug:

As for my Admirals...well, they use the Bruins' and Leafs' goal celebration song, Zombie Nation's "Kernkraft 400"

bYhYmxh.png

The Padres do a couple of things for home runs, flames shoot out of the top of the batter's eye, fireworks launch from behind the CF wall, and they play a recording of the ship's horn from the USS Ronald Reagan (one of the aircraft carriers homeported in San Diego Bay).

The Padres do a couple of things for home runs, flames shoot out of the top of the batter's eye, fireworks launch from behind the CF wall, and they play a recording of the ship's horn from the USS Ronald Reagan (one of the aircraft carriers homeported in San Diego Bay).

The Padres never get home runs so they might as well go all out with the celebrations when they do.

The Rangers salute the fans after every win at MSG. It started a few years ago sort of organically, but now it's pretty contrived...

They also have their own goal song:

...and victory song which was written in the 30's or 40's, then seemingly forgotten about until it was dusted off a few years ago...

There are words to it, but they play that version sans lyrics.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Ducks do a deep fog horn, siren, smoke coming out of the corners of the scoreboard, and play "Bro Hymn" by Pennywise for goals. For wins, they do this thing where they "Light The Lamp" on top of the marquee out by the freeway. (It's shaped like the Honda Center's main window and glows orange.) It's a thing they did to be like their brothers down the street...

Angels do fireworks,work the geysers on the rocks, and I think it's just "Song 2" by Blur. For wins, it's just "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang and, of course the coolest thing they do, the original tradition of lighting up the halo on the Big A in the parking lot.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Goal:

Braves homerun:

(they also play another song sometimes but I don't know how to descirbe it other than like hero music.)

And this:

And then the Falcons play this. Way too gimmicky to get me excited about a TD:

Pregame, TD and wins:

Usually during the second half but if we get a big early lead, it creeps out:

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Archived