American Athletic Conference

jgiff17

For fun:

AAC.jpg

Joe, I like your logo. Looks great. They should at least use that for an alternate logo.

One thing I have heard staright from the conference is that they will amphisize the "American" instead of the acronym (AAC) as to better distiguish themselves from anyone else. So with that, I believe that the logo they come out with will have the whole conference name spelled out and not just an acronym.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For fun:

AAC.jpg

Joe, I like your logo. Looks great. They should at least use that for an alternate logo.

One thing I have heard staright from the conference is that they will amphisize the "American" instead of the acronym (AAC) as to better distiguish themselves from anyone else. So with that, I believe that the logo they come out with will have the whole conference name spelled out and not just an acronym.

I agree with that and believe that what you are describing will most likely be the case. If this was our project, we would most certainly direct the client that way, due in large part to the potential confusion with other conferences.

This was just a 10 minute logo I did for fun, rarely do I get the chance to do these things, even 10 minutes can sometimes be hard to find!

I don't like this conference. It doesn't symbolize anything larger than what it is, like how the SEC is a safe outlet to express pride in being from the former Confederacy, or the socioeconomic holier-than-thou vibe of the Big Ten. Their logo might as well be their initials typed in grey Arial Bold.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't like this conference. It doesn't symbolize anything larger than what it is, like how the SEC is a safe outlet to express pride in being from the former Confederacy, or the socioeconomic holier-than-thou vibe of the Big Ten. Their logo might as well be their initials typed in grey Arial Bold.

This conference symbolizes how far college athletics have fallen, to the point where Maryland is now in the Big Ten, Texas and TAMU no longer play each other in any sport, and Colorado is in the Pacific-12.

For fun:

AAC.jpg

I agree with that and believe that what you are describing will most likely be the case. If this was our project, we would most certainly direct the client that way, due in large part to the potential confusion with other conferences.

This was just a 10 minute logo I did for fun, rarely do I get the chance to do these things, even 10 minutes can sometimes be hard to find!

Isn't the shape of the shield a little close to the MAC logo?

Fixed it for 'ya.

aac_zpsc5a83a56.png

Interesting interesting choice in teams since neither of those are marquee names in the ACC really.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

This. Even a made-for-TV conference like this could've rallied around the idea of representing the urban south and being a more urbane alternative to the SEC if they'd have gone with the Metro name or something like it.

How in the world did this terrible name beat "Metro Conference" or even American Metro Conference?

Maybe because "Metro" implies something different these days, at least in jokes?

well this conference is a joke so Metro would've been perfect

Fixed it for 'ya.

aac_zpsc5a83a56.png

Interesting interesting choice in teams since neither of those are marquee names in the ACC really.

Yeah, I was being kind of tongue-in-cheek so I purposely didn't pick UNC, Duke or Florida State.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

But this conference, in a sense, had Miami and Boston College in it once, so it's apt.

I don't even know who's in this conference offhand. I suppose it must be Cincinnati, Louisville, West Virginia, Florida State? Or did they go to other conferences? This is dumb who cares

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

But this conference, in a sense, had Miami and Boston College in it once, so it's apt.

I don't even know who's in this conference offhand. I suppose it must be Cincinnati, Louisville, West Virginia, Florida State? Or did they go to other conferences? This is dumb who cares

Of the above list, only Cincinnati. The league could best be described as "The C-USA All Starz feat. UConn."

(Your full 2014 membership list is Central Florida, Cincinnati, Connecticut, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, SMU, South Florida, Temple, Tulane, and Tulsa, with Navy still committed to join in 2015). Bill the Cat is almost too perfect as the spirit animal for this Conference.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just need 8 regional super conferences with conference championships then a national 8 team playoff for the national champion. Relegate the bottom 2 teams from each region to div-1AA and move up the two top teams from each of the 8 conferences in div 1AA. Problem solved. Either way I really like the concept work and I hope the actual logo is as good if not better than this but let's be real it won't be just look at the recent history of conf logo overhauls!

Archived