2013 NBA Playoffs

JMurr

I love that this Nets team got bounced. After all the smack from Prokhorov, the Nets PR, the mayor of Brooklyn, and even a couple of Nets players (Joe Johnson & Humphries) about taking over the city and being better than the Knicks in the end it is the boys in blue & orange that advanced farther in the playoffs and had a better regular season record.

Now eat your crow and humble pie and shut up.

I just hate this team because of Jay-Z's douchebaggery, the new arena being at the center of a gentrified/hipsterized Brooklyn, and Humpries' connection to one of the most villified people in America (Kim Kardashian).

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago is the most irritating team in basketball.

Joakim Noah is the type of player I hope NEVER wins a title. He is just so annoying. I don't want him on my team ever.

Thibodeau is basically the opposite of D'Antoni- an overhyped medid darling who doesn't know a damn thing about offense.

Joakim Noah is the type of player I hope NEVER wins a title. He is just so annoying. I don't want him on my team ever.

Thibodeau is basically the opposite of D'Antoni- an overhyped medid darling who doesn't know a damn thing about offense.

Tell us how you really feel.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Who on the Bulls pissed in your Cheerios?

Joakim Noah is the kind of guy that anyone should want on their team. He gives 100% every time he steps on the court and truly cares about winning. I could see how you would hate playing against him, but that's definitely the kind of guy you want on your team.

Since when is Tom Thibodeau a media darling? I barely watch ESPN anymore, but I never noticed the media falling in love with him. And defense wins games, even in the NBA.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'll give him the fact that there was a lot of noise made about Thibodeau after the Celtics' championship, how he was the architect of their defense and would be the hottest of commodities. However, I don't think that ardor has held up for five years. The credit he has gotten for what he's done with the Bulls has been largely warranted: look at how much they had to get by without Rose last year (27/66), and then all of this year with what we were sure was an objectively inferior supporting cast -- the Bench Mob replaced with...Nate Robinson, Belinelli, and VladRad? When necessary, he gets the most from the least, and unlike the other three sports leagues, that's something that's not generally part of the NBA. He has his flaws, most notably losing sight of the big picture with his roster management, but he's one of the better coaches in the league.

It's funny, thinking back to 2008, how Thibodeau's name was everywhere as the most qualified to take on a head coaching job, particularly with the Bulls, who then at the behest of Reinsdorf turned around and hired the categorically unqualified Vinny Del Negro instead. Then John Paxson assaulted Vinny for being a dumbass and the Bulls had to quietly broker a deal to shuffle him off to the Clippers so he couldn't sue the Bulls and make an even bigger hash of things than he already had. The Bulls could've had Thibodeau coaching from Rose's rookie year on and not saddled the poor Lob City Clippers with that idiot. God, the Bulls are the worst, and that's from the top down.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

To those who are gonna say the Bulls have so much heart, guts and are the most courageous team ever- This team had games where they looked lifeless. I saw this team get railroaded at Denver and Sacramento- and that was with a healthier team!

The Bulls have what I call Cruise Control heart- they give you everything or nothing.

Is this actually Papi?

mqdefault_zps0667890e.jpg

Si or No?

The only one that gets clowned by Joe Johnson in the playoffs is his own team. He goes into Hamburglar Mode come the postseason.

Something tells me you will have a hearty laugh looking at his line tonight.

It's exactly why I wanted the Hawks to win the last two games of the regular season....they would have gotten to play the Nets.

$19 million to get 6 points in a Game 7 at home. Fantastic. Robble robble!

To those who are gonna say the Bulls have so much heart, guts and are the most courageous team ever- This team had games where they looked lifeless. I saw this team get railroaded at Denver and Sacramento- and that was with a healthier team!

The Bulls have what I call Cruise Control heart- they give you everything or nothing.

Nets fan?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Carlesimo won't be coaching the Nets anymore.

And yet Billy King got an extension for watching over three coaches in less than a year...

I have to say, as a Spurs fan, I'm conflicted in that Memphis would be a worse matchup for us and yet if OKC gets to the conference finals I just have this sickening feeling that the whole "KD and LeBron, mano-e-mano, in the rematch of the century!!" storyline is going to dominate and, well, skew things accordingly.

GR30a5H.png

Disappointing but not surprising.

The Nets never took the interim tag off him. That's all you need to know as far as how much faith they had in him.

They're also trying to get Phil in as well. What surprises me though is I don't think Phil wants to coach the Nets, I think Phil wants Billy King's job and I don't think Billy King is going anywhere, so I'm not sure how the Nets think they can get him in outside of just throwing a ton of money at him.

Well, the Brooklynetsiest thing they could possibly do would be for Jay-Z to name himself head coach, write a song about being the head coach of the Nets (sample lyric: "Players do what I say! I'm married to Beyonce!"), then hire a perfectly competent NBA lifer to be the assistant coach who does all the work while Jay-Z claims to be the head coach.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And yet Billy King got an extension for watching over three coaches in less than a year...

I have to say, as a Spurs fan, I'm conflicted in that Memphis would be a worse matchup for us and yet if OKC gets to the conference finals I just have this sickening feeling that the whole "KD and LeBron, mano-e-mano, in the rematch of the century!!" storyline is going to dominate and, well, skew things accordingly.

Somehow, I feel as if the NBA Finals are the Spurs and Heat, the LeBron-slobbering media will paint him and Miami as the "saint/humanitarian/Mother Teresa/Nobel Peace Prize" athlete and team, while San Antonio will be stamped with the "evil/Satan/terrorist/jihad/pedophile/anti-American" ball club label.

I'm not even joking.

All the NBA has ever done is promote Tim Duncan as a really good guy. You're on drugs.

Duncan had to promote himself as a good guy. The NBA only promotes cash cows, such as LeBron and his mighty Heat, and since casual fans don't want to watch the Spurs play in the playoffs because they're "boring" (the two least watched NBA Finals of all time involve the Spurs), Duncan has no choice.

Somehow, I feel as if the NBA Finals are the Spurs and Heat, the LeBron-slobbering media will paint him and Miami as the "saint/humanitarian/Mother Teresa/Nobel Peace Prize" athlete and team, while San Antonio will be stamped with the "evil/Satan/terrorist/jihad/pedophile/anti-American" ball club label.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Disappointing but not surprising.

The Nets never took the interim tag off him. That's all you need to know as far as how much faith they had in him.

They're also trying to get Phil in as well. What surprises me though is I don't think Phil wants to coach the Nets, I think Phil wants Billy King's job and I don't think Billy King is going anywhere, so I'm not sure how the Nets think they can get him in outside of just throwing a ton of money at him.

Prokhorov-is-co-owner-of--005.jpg

Money No Object I can give Phil half of my Russia oilfields and still be richest owner in NBA

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived