New Look for the $100 Bill

Island_Style

I can see the need for an ever-changing paper bill system, but let's be honest here. A counterfeiter will have these on the streets in no time, just like they do all paper money. Also, who the hell counterfiets 100's? Not that I ever would, but if I was into that game, the only thing I'd EVER counterfeit would be $1's and $5's. I've never seen anyone check those with the pen. Just seems like it would be a hell of a lot easier to fly under the radar. Everyone is suspicious of big bills, but when you hand someone a stack of 1's or 5's, no one even pays attention.

But then again, maybe I'm wrong.

Other countries. They are the main counterfeiters of 100's. I think in the US it's 20's are more common.

That makes sense. I never looked at it that way.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Canada, the only fake bills I've ever spotted are fives.

As far as our twenties/fifties/hundreds sticking together, whenever I go to the bank to take out money now, the teller will always slowly and carefully count off the bills to make 100% sure she isn't giving me an extra bill by accident. That never happened with the old ones. It probably takes them twice as long to count off a stack of them now as it did before.

As far as the new bill, it looks pretty overdone and ugly compared to the traditional notes. I'm sure they could have added in a couple security features while keeping the general 'tone' of the note more similar to the past.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The note's new security features, devised over a decade of research, include a 3-D security ribbon on the front which has images of bells and 100s that move and change as a person tilts the bill. The note also has a feature dubbed "The Bell in the Inkwell," an image of the Liberty Bell that changes color from copper to green when the bill is tilted, making it look as if the bell is appearing and disappearing in an inkwell next to Franklin's portrait.

So, Nike is designing our money now, huh?

Despite some of the over the top frills, I pretty much like the look.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The new security features are really important to keeping the value of the dollar as high as possible. As cool as the old green backs look, they are just too easy to counterfeit with today's technology. I think it will be important to get the old ones out of circulation as quickly as possible. The quickest way to do it is if everyone would just mail me their old $100 bills. It's the only patriotic thing to do.

I've always been a fan of this concept design for our money:

dd1.jpg

I love these as well. There's a clear system of function and design (though the elongated bills may be annoying to fit into wallets), an evident focal point, built-in versatility (the images could be changed periodically), and I think it would be pretty easy to develop printing techniques and different materials to aid in security. On top of that, they look pretty damn good. Maybe the bookmark look could be eliminated by moving the image to one side of the bill and leaving the seals, serial numbers and other info on the other.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The new security features are really important to keeping the value of the dollar as high as possible. As cool as the old green backs look, they are just too easy to counterfeit with today's technology. I think it will be important to get the old ones out of circulation as quickly as possible. The quickest way to do it is if everyone would just mail me their old $100 bills. It's the only patriotic thing to do.

Yeah...because people still send stuff through the mail... :P

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I prefer the good ole green back on paper.

Which are easy to counterfeit.

It looks too Swiss, and how does Obama get to be on money already?

People who designed it have no idea how America works regarding laws of who can and can't be on currency?

Our money (canada) sucks balls, let's not brag yet.

Apparently the morons that designed the bills, didn't do a proper job of testing them. Not only do they stick together, once they are folded, they are a pain in the rear to bend back. All they had to do if anything, was remedy the sticking issue. By adding a rough strip, it would be fine.

I've never had any of these problems regarding the plastic money. They're not perfect by any means, but they've been far from being a disaster. The technology will only get better.

dd1.jpg

I like the general design behind these, but I'd go with the current historical person/bill parings and go with a single bill size.

I just got back from two weeks of using different sized bills in China, and plastic money in HK (it's being phased in). The different bill sizes was very difficult to get used to, and I really didn't find it all that necessary. The plastic money is fantastic though. Australians don't complain, and anyone I asked in HK was in favor of it. I didn't find them sticky at all (though I wasn't dealing with heaps of them like a bank would) and the anti-tearing aspect of it is great. I'm not sure why the US is beind so much of the rest of the world in a lot of things, including money. It's time to change colors and go plastic. Or at least go plastic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

dd1.jpg

this design while nice will never work. the different sizes would play havoc on the aready established register/vending machine system not to mention automatic bill counters would have to be retooled. too much cost would go into changing the size. This design originated the Dollar Bill redesign project (http://richardsmith.posterous.com/) which has alot of nice designs but it hasent been updated in awhile

Archived