Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

smTN4F7.gif

Damn, insane. Props to the Kings for fighting to the death. I'm still shaking.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*glances nervously at winged wheel*

Hj2vctc.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Someone correct me if I 'm wrong, but I think this is the first time since 1979 that 2 original 6 teams are playing each other in the Stanley Cup Finals.

New York vs. Montreal, yes.

It's pretty shocking that Chicago and Boston have never met in the Final before. I know, I know, those two were the fourth and fifth rungs of the O6 hierarchy during that 25 year time period, but, still, you would've expected them to meet at some point, by happenstance.

spacer.png

Someone correct me if I 'm wrong, but I think this is the first time since 1979 that 2 original 6 teams are playing each other in the Stanley Cup Finals.

It's gonna be an awesome series!

You're correct, this is the first Original 6 Finals since '79.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

That's why you can't lose draws. Game 6 Monday barring an unlikely resurgence. LA just ripped out some hearts.

You were saying?

I love being wrong. So, so much.

I came to work to watch the final few minutes and started celebrating. Little did I know one of my co-workers was here working late and also listening to the game. She wasn't happy. Red Wings fan.

JUBYHVy.gif

twitter

smTN4F7.gif

Damn, insane. Props to the Kings for fighting to the death. I'm still shaking.

Moneyball .gif for the win.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I wish one year a captain would pick up the conference championship trophy and end this stupid "Don't touch that trophy because it's bad luck" fad.

2010 Flyers say hello.

FlyersMontreal_hockey_playoff_e03a.jpg

chicago_blackhawks_stanley_cup_champs_logo_prod.jpg

twitter

Oh well, Kings will be back next year. They also did a WAY better job of defending their title than the Bruins or Blackhawks did.

In the meantime, since this is a lockout season, I guess we can pull a Phil Jackson and declare whoever wins to have an asterisk/half-title. :P

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

20130608_230537_zpsa76b3f39.jpg
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

adam-morrison-crying-o.gif

[boo-hooing gif]

[suidical gif]

Really? I don't think Kings fans are THAT crushed about not winning the Cup.

Just let him be sad. It's not like all his other teams suck... Wait... Dodgers.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

adam-morrison-crying-o.gif

[boo-hooing gif]

[suidical gif]

Really? I don't think Kings fans are THAT crushed about not winning the Cup.

Anytime your team gets eliminated in OT, you can't help reaching in your drawer for a way out. Go tell Leafs fans how being ousted in OT hurt them for a while.

Archived