Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, at least Q didn't swap Bollig for Mayers or Gorilla Salad, but, ehh. Stalberg is very fast and fairly unable to do anything useful with his speed. He'll be a great Oiler next season.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

*insert HFBoards rant about putting Morin or Hayes in over Bollig/Stalberg*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Seeing Jagr in the Stanley Cup Finals makes me wonder if my spur of the moment comment earlier before the trade deadline about the Sharks picking him up would have helped them any. I don't know if they did if it would have affect the Torres/Hannan moves, but the what if is in full force right now.

Anyway here's the updated bracket

NHLStanleyCupFinals_2013_B_zpsf9b2318a.png

I didn't know Jagr had the "Rent is too Damn High" playoff beard. :P

And it deserves a giant, unspoilered picture.

GTY-170342137.jpg

Worst Playoff Beard Ever

Best playoff beard ever.

And this is why!

NyOQcEP.jpg

Good to know I wasn't the only one thinking he looked like Lemmy

Yeah but he is missing the coco puff on the face.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Late news: Hossa out after injury in warmup.

There's gotta be something good on netflix tonight.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Late news: Hossa out after injury in warmup.

There's gotta be something good on netflix tonight.

Are you trying to insinuate that you're giving up on Game 3 already?

No I'm a glowing beacon of hope, doofus.

twitter

This has been some real cheesy officiating so far tonight. If you're not afraid to call a post-whistle penalty (even if it was one) then don't be afraid to call a damn penalty that negated a clear scoring chance.

This has been some real cheesy officiating so far tonight. If you're not afraid to call a post-whistle penalty (even if it was one) then don't be afraid to call a damn penalty that negated a clear scoring chance.

You do realize the bruins being a man down benefits Boston, yes?

twitter

Yes, but it's the principle. If you're going to call iffy penalties, you have to call them both ways.

Oh, the Bruins have always had better puck movement on the PK instead of the PP. Welcome to bizzaro world.

The Blackhawks do this, and as a fan I don't know...

• what the problem is
  • how to fix it
  • what coaches to fire
  • what players to cut

For whatever reason, this team undergoes frequent lapses in ability where they revert into this swirling, uncoordinated mass of hockey randomness. In the blink of an eye the Blackhawks become a rudderless contradiction, totally devoid of attack or identity.

The only question is what circumstances/how long will it take before Random Event X causes a chemical reaction across the roster that will see them re-organize and become the championship-worthy team that made it this far.

twitter

Archived