Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

If my city had to go six-star GTA to catch some jerkass kid, I wouldn't feel strong at all. I'd feel like a tiny worthless bug that could be crushed underfoot at a moment's whim.

Really.

EDIT: I'll add some substance, holy crap did Chicago come to play - that is all.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get excited. Everything about this pace favors Boston to defy numbers and steal a win with simple ruggedness combined with Blackhawks odd-man futility.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This overtime has been thoroughly dominated by Boston.

This game should've ended 4 or 5 times. Sigh.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

...the two divisions at the time were called the American Division and the Canadian Division. Yes, there was the slight discrepancy of having five US teams and three Canadian teams, so one of those teams had to be paired off with their Canadian relatives, but it's pretty amusing that the one team that actually had "Americans" in their name was the one tabbed for that assignment. I know, I know, Canada is part of "North America", but we all know that the generic "America" term generally means the United States.

The New York Americans used to be the Hamilton Tigers, so that's probably why.

Don't remind me... :'(

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Shame on the Blackhawks for their play the final 2 periods. Boston deserved it. Makes me sick to say it after that first period.

twitter

Whew... I can breathe again. Glad to see the B's turn it around during those last two and a half periods, and great coaching by Julien to set up the Paille-Seguin-Kelly line.

Huge win. Gonna be a great rest of the series

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I know this series was gonna go 6 or 7 games, but it always sucks to lose at home.

The Blackhawks need to take down all these signs everywhere. It's seeped into the team's style of play.

nhl_chicagoblackhawks_onegoal.jpg

twitter

Two points to make:

1. With this series now tied at 1-1, the NHL's championship matchup is guaranteed to end after the NBA Finals. Either the 'Hawks or Bruins can win the cup no sooner than next Saturday, whereas Game 7 of the NBA's series happens on Thursday, if necessary. This will be the 5th time the NHL season ends after the NBA's (1995, 1998, 2002, 2011).

2. Does anyone know the last time Games 1 and 2 of the Cup Final series have gone to OT in back-to-back years? Last year, LA got both games at Newark, and tonight, Boston has its coveted split (and HCA) against Chicago.

Well, that sucked, but anyone who thought this series was going to go only four games is an idiot.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2. Does anyone know the last time Games 1 and 2 of the Cup Final series have gone to OT in back-to-back years? Last year, LA got both games at Newark, and tonight, Boston has its coveted split (and HCA) against Chicago.

They said that this was only the fourth time that it has happened, so I don't think it's happened back to back before,

So somehow the Bruins figure out how to bear down in Chicago and hope to lead the trail of tears back to chowder town. When I checked the app on my phone after the phone and saw the SOG I was like, "Psh. This is gonna be done." Yet the Bruins figure out how to get another one past Crawford and level things out. I predict the Hawks rebound in Game 3 and get a narrow win, before Boston comes back and hustles back stronger to make it the best of 3.

It also sounded like there was alot more Boston love in the lower bowl from the highlights, though it might just be there because they're using the NBCSN feed and not the CBC.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived