Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

After 3 periods I'm honestly surprised the Hawks had the wherewithal to grind out a tie score. It's led me to this conclusion:

The Blackhawks are a better team, but the Bruins play their game far better. This syrupy, physical mudfight always will favor Boston. Their size and annoying tendency to obstruct kills momentum like crazy, but the Hawks, when they go into their Insanity Beast Form, overpower them quite clearly.

That being said, if the Blackhawks win this in OT I will consider it earned, not stolen. Coming back from 3-1 is quite the feat against this Bruins team.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Epic comeback from the 'Hawks to tie it up - just gotta complete it now.

Proof that the word "epic" holds no substantial meaning anymore.

True. What were we saying a week ago about two goal leads?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well, this is the 2004 Hockey East Final all over again. I just want to go to sleep, but there's no way I'm missing this...This is the third playoff hockey game I've watched go to triple OT, and I hate it every time.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Well, this is the 2004 Hockey East Final all over again. I just want to go to sleep, but there's no way I'm missing this...This is the third playoff hockey game I've watched go to triple OT, and I hate it.

Huh? There wasn't a 3OT game in the 2004 East Final, though Game 6 in particular was completely nuts. That must be what you meant.

spacer.png

Well, this is the 2004 Hockey East Final all over again. I just want to go to sleep, but there's no way I'm missing this...This is the third playoff hockey game I've watched go to triple OT, and I hate it.

Huh? There wasn't a 3OT game in the 2004 East Final, though Game 6 in particular was completely nuts. That must be what you meant.

Hockey East. Check your NCAA records.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Hockey East. Check your NCAA records.

Correct. Jimmy Howard saved 61 shots for UMaine in that game. Second time I watched a college hockey game live. It was incredible.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Well, this is the 2004 Hockey East Final all over again. I just want to go to sleep, but there's no way I'm missing this...This is the third playoff hockey game I've watched go to triple OT, and I hate it every time.

I don't know how many I've seen, but I'll never forget the first one. It was the best one of them all... but that's because it brought us our cities first major sports championship.

Anyway, this game really is exciting and there's no way I could go to sleep now. I may actually get my wish.

Looks like players are gonna have to pull a McSorley to be called for a penalty.

Wow. Epic comeback from the 'Hawks to tie it up - just gotta complete it now.

Proof that the word "epic" holds no substantial meaning anymore.

No, I'm pretty sure I know what "epic" means, judging from how this game has gone. B)

While the game as a whole is close to reaching epic status, the comeback itself was and is not epic.

Archived