Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH :censored:ING MOTHER OF GOD HE'S PUTTING BOLLIG IN THE LINEUP THERE GOES THE CUP

n9fDOed.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I wish one year a captain would pick up the conference championship trophy and end this stupid "Don't touch that trophy because it's bad luck" fad.

penguins-001.jpg

Yeah, I dunno how that's still a thing.

Agreed. I've done some research on this. We go through this every year and people act like it's this long tradition. It was started by freaking Eric Lindros in 1997 so it's not that deeply rooted in hockey history.

I need to update this chart I made a while back, but you get the idea

CCB+POW.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

Western:

In 5...#1 Chicago vs. #8 Minnesota

In 7...#2 Anaheim vs. #7 Detroit

In 6...#3 Vancouver vs. #6 San Jose

In 7...#4 St. Louis vs. #5 Los Angeles

Eastern:

In 6...#1 Pittsburgh vs. #8 NY Islanders

In 6...#2 Montreal vs. #7 Ottawa

In 7...#3 Washington vs. #6 NY Rangers

In 6...#4 Boston vs. #5 Toronto

Western:

In 6...#1 Chicago vs. #7 Detroit

In 7...#5 Los Angeles vs. #6 San Jose

Eastern:

In 6...#1 Pittsburgh vs. #7 Ottawa

In 7...#4 Boston vs. #6 NY Rangers

Western:

In 7...#1 Chicago vs. #5 Los Angeles

Eastern:

In 6...#1 Pittsburgh vs. #4 Boston

And after a month and a half...it all comes down to this. Boston and Chicago for the Stanley Cup.

Here's the point of this post: I can't make an exact pick. Since both teams love speed, trickery and their goalies have played the traditional brick house game which have guided their teams on this point, it's so much of a toss up. That, and the fact that this will be the first matchup between East and West teams all year long.

So for my final pick (in bold)...

In 7...W#1 Chicago vs. E#4 Boston

Good luck to both and enjoy the ride!!!

Blackhawks are only slightly reeling after 1, Bruins have been sort of biding their time and it's benefited them with an early lead. This is a great matchup so far, I don't think we're going to see a blowout from any game of this series.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Blackhawks scoring 2 goals tonight is a mighty tall order. Three goals, well....probably not.

Boston will probably win this one but it's not the most confident victory ever. This is gonna be a long series.

twitter

Hawks tie it up. Should be 4-3 if Nathan Horton knew that when you have a wide open net, you shoot.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Wow. Epic comeback from the 'Hawks to tie it up - just gotta complete it now.

Proof that the word "epic" holds no substantial meaning anymore.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived