Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not liking the Bruins schedule. They start on Thursday night, which is supposed to be my Office finale night. I really wanted to watch the last episode live, but now I'm torn.

Really?

Seriously. I don't care if some network is airing three hours of Kramer's Greatest Moments or anything; in that situation, you watch your team. Plain and simple.

I'm definitely watching the game, but I'm just frustrated that I can't the very last episode live.

Good amount of recent playoff history and sub plots to this series. Ottawa always battles well against the Pens. Could go Seven, but I'm hoping for Six. Rolling with the hot goalie in Vokoun, can't argue with that. Especially against Ottawa with all their firepower.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Good amount of recent playoff history and sub plots to this series. Ottawa always battles well against the Pens. Could go Seven, but I'm hoping for Six. Rolling with the hot goalie in Vokoun, can't argue with that. Especially against Ottawa with all their firepower.

Ottawa firepower? Pens have all the weaponry; this isn't the Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson 2006 team. Ottawa isn't exactly a scoring juggernaut- they're dead last in goals scored among playoff teams in the season.

Ottawa firepower? Pens have all the weaponry; this isn't the Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson 2006 team. Ottawa isn't exactly a scoring juggernaut- they're dead last in goals scored among playoff teams in the season.

Islanders didn't have all that firepower either but look what they did? If I'm looking at that Top 6 defense of Pittsburgh, I'm not shaking in my boots to be exactly. Sens are solid defensively, don't take too many chances and have a wall as a goaltender. Even the best players in the world, will have some trouble getting goals past this group. Think we're in for a long series, a quick start by the Senators tonight, especially with Vokoun in net, not the greatest of playoff pedigree on his shoulders either.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Islanders didn't have all that firepower either but look what they did? If I'm looking at that Top 6 defense of Pittsburgh, I'm not shaking in my boots to be exactly. Sens are solid defensively, don't take too many chances and have a wall as a goaltender. Even the best players in the world, will have some trouble getting goals past this group. Think we're in for a long series, a quick start by the Senators tonight, especially with Vokoun in net, not the greatest of playoff pedigree on his shoulders either.

Exactly what he said. I know from having Gonchar and Letang in 09 that having both Gonchar and Karlsson can be dangerous. Spezza and Alfredsson, however old they are, are still Spezza and Alfredsson. Plus Michalek. The Penguins couldn't get through Nabokov some nights, and now they have to face Anderson. They just humiliated Montreal who are, in reality, a good team.

I'm not underestimating these guys, especially after what the Isles did to us in what everyone (foolishly) thought would be a slam dunk series.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

So now we know Don Cherry's secret obsession with High Heels.

And to think that Maclean almost kept it in him for the entire session.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Oh, and it looks like we found our replacement for Wade Redden in Jared Cowen. Way to come out big in the first period... :/

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Archived