NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

Really glad some posters are liking some sleeved jerseys. The pics of Martin and Foye you can really tell spot the difference between new and old. The sleeves look so much better and the sleeveless look outdated.

My opinion anyway...

Sleeveless look outdated? That's like saying a button up baseball jersey looks outdated, a hockey sweater looks outdated. Seriously dude.

Just cause someones opinion doesnt coincide with yours doesnt mean you have to be a :censored: about it

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be honest with you guys, I don't mind the Timber wolves sleeved uniforms. The panels distract you from the sleeves, which is really great, and I actually like the design on the panels.

Twolves-Sleeved-Lights-Out-Uniforms-2-59

Couldn't agree more. Best sleeved jersey yet.

Yep I like it a lot, however it would be better without sleeves and it would make not. Sense to me of it had Ms on top an Ws on the bottom.

Really glad some posters are liking some sleeved jerseys. The pics of Martin and Foye you can really tell spot the difference between new and old. The sleeves look so much better and the sleeveless look outdated.

My opinion anyway...

Sleeveless look outdated? That's like saying a button up baseball jersey looks outdated, a hockey sweater looks outdated. Seriously dude.

Just cause someones opinion doesnt coincide with yours doesnt mean you have to be a :censored: about it

you need to realize teal is a troll, just look at his sig, he trying to start arguments with us

My opinion anyway...

you need to realize teal is a troll, just look at his sig, he trying to start arguments with us

You are the one starting the argument with me! Because I like sleeves? Get over yourself buddy.

Jaguars

My opinion anyway...

You are the one starting the argument with me! Because I like sleeves? Get over yourself buddy.

If I may try to bring perspective:

Like whatever style you want to like. I think discounting someone's opinions because they're not your own is more than a little stupid. I think the only sleeved style that's actually worked was Louisville. Those were pretty nice.

As for the comments about you trolling, I gotta agree to a point. It's not based on your opinions, but rather your whining. I'm not advocating group-think because I like the fresh perspective among the traditional on here. However, you come across the same way many did when college football first started going really modern. Calling us all either old or closed minded serves no purpose and I think you're bright enough to realize that.

You expect acceptance of your opinions from the older generation; that's fine. We also expect that same respect from you and anyone else who likes modern aesthetics. Our views can blend but not when you imply "anyone who disagrees can suck it!"

That's my two cents.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

lakers black unis lack purple :therock:

There is purple, although it may be better if they used a lighter purple from their 1980s uniforms.

Lack means without or not enough, so the word lack is correct.

The problem is that purple is such a tough color to work with on a black uniform

yes, thank you...........i wonder what the jersey and shorts would look like if they had purple sides with yellow trim, insted of the yellow sides with purple trim they ended up with.

My opinion anyway...

If I may try to bring perspective:

Like whatever style you want to like. I think discounting someone's opinions because they're not your own is more than a little stupid. I think the only sleeved style that's actually worked was Louisville. Those were pretty nice.

As for the comments about you trolling, I gotta agree to a point. It's not based on your opinions, but rather your whining. I'm not advocating group-think because I like the fresh perspective among the traditional on here. However, you come across the same way many did when college football first started going really modern. Calling us all either old or closed minded serves no purpose and I think you're bright enough to realize that.

You expect acceptance of your opinions from the older generation; that's fine. We also expect that same respect from you and anyone else who likes modern aesthetics. Our views can blend but not when you imply "anyone who disagrees can suck it!"

That's my two cents.

Sorry you feel like that. I really am. I did not mean in any way try to offend anyone.

Jaguars

That Wolves jersey is heinous. The lack of green (huge mistake on their end) is dismal. The hypnosis-inspired MW pattern is atrocious. Looks like something you'd find on a Lady Gaga or KeSha outfit. It's MT anyways. Not to mention they are sleeved, quite possibly the worst sleeved one of the bunch. What was wrong with their previous black alt (unveiled only in 2010)? That was better. They need to incorporate, not phase out the green.

I really hope and think the sleeved thing will be a passing fad. It is silly looking on majority of the teams that do it.

The only good looking sleeved jersey so far is the Clippers' back in blue nautical themed ones. And that's due in part mainly because of the powder blue and flags on the shorts.

That Wolves jersey is heinous. The lack of green (huge mistake on their end) is dismal. The hypnosis-inspired MW pattern is atrocious. Looks like something you'd find on a Lady Gaga or KeSha outfit. It's MT anyways. Not to mention they are sleeved, quite possibly the worst sleeved one of the bunch. What was wrong with their previous black alt (unveiled only in 2010)? That was better. They need to incorporate, not phase out the green.

I really hope and think the sleeved thing will be a passing fad. It is silly looking on majority of the teams that do it.

The only good looking sleeved jersey so far is the Clippers' back in blue nautical themed ones. And that's due in part mainly because of the powder blue and flags on the shorts.

Its not even a fad, its a Adidas ploy to try and sell more jerseys that is failing. If it was a fad you would see nike and under armour hopping all over sleeved jerseys to make money off the fad

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I actually like (not love, just like) those sleeved Timberwolves jerseys. The pattern on the panels is decent-looking, and I think the plain sleeves balance the uniform. Without the sleeves, the panels would be overpowering; but with them, the whole thing works.

This isn't to say that I'm satisfied with the direction the Timberwolves have taken design-wise (they should really go back to their 90's colors — the best color scheme in NBA history, IMO), but it could be much, much worse.

Furthermore, I'm glad this isn't a Clipper-like situation. The Powder Blues look good in spite of the sleeves, not because of them. These Timberwolves uniforms are passable, and the presence of the sleeves improves them, IMO.

I'm slowly coming around on sleeved jerseys. The Warriors don't look bad in their white sleeves. I think it sort of fits their players though, I don't know why it just does to me. Lee, Curry & Co just don't look out of place in sleeves. It doesn't work for other teams though. LeBron and Wade in sleeves? No

It. Just. Doesn't. Look. Right.

kfyv.jpg

That's probably because it's a very poor photo edit, and it seems there is 3 different uniforms all combined into one.

And that's how the real jerseys look with 3 different materials around the shoulders, it doesn't look as bad on white and black jerseys, but colored jerseys looks awful with all the seams and textures and colors

Archived