NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we just say that the NBA has the worst uniforms as a whole among the 4 major sporting leagues? Some are good, others are alright, but almost all of these new alternates Adidas has been pushing out is just sad. Personally, I'd have to put the NBA at 4th with the NFL in 3rd (Jacksonville and Arizona aren't helping), NHL 2nd and the MLB 1st. Sorry in advance if this derails the thread some. From the sleeved jerseys, to the somewhat disappointing uniform unveiling's of New Orleans and Phoenix, now to the Giant Logo sleeved uni's and faint Zubaz shirts.

Adidas, you're bad, and you should feel bad.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I love those shooting shirts. Of course I could go without the "zubaz" but I love the overall cheesy-ness of them, and it works great for Christmas. If the Cavs were playing on Christmas I would have to pick one of them up.

spacer.png

From the official NBA rulebook:

http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/mediacentral/Official-NBA-Rule-Book.pdf

Section VI—Uniforms (Players Jerseys)
a. Each player shall be numbered on the front and back of his jersey with a number of solid color contrasting with the color of the shirt.
b. Each number must be not less than :" in width and not less than 6" in height on both the front and back. Each player shall have his surname affixed to the back of his game jersey in letters at least 2" in height.

not sure why the numeral width isn't filled in but beyond that ... These rules are there for a reason... its is impossible to referee a basketball game at the level and speed without front numbers. I promise there will be confusion after a lot of whistles asking players to turn around to see the numbers to accurately record a foul, or the wrong player goes to the free throw line.

Additionally ..

H. PLAYER/TEAM CONDUCT AND DRESS

(4) While playing, players must keep their uniform shirts tucked into their pants, and no T-shirts are allowed.
(5) The only article bearing a commercial ‘logo’ which can be worn by players is their shoes.

I assume they will be re-writing the above 2 rules.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

From the official NBA rulebook:

http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/mediacentral/Official-NBA-Rule-Book.pdf

Section VI—Uniforms (Players Jerseys)

a. Each player shall be numbered on the front and back of his jersey with a number of solid color contrasting with the color of the shirt.

b. Each number must be not less than :" in width and not less than 6" in height on both the front and back. Each player shall have his surname affixed to the back of his game jersey in letters at least 2" in height.

not sure why the numeral width isn't filled in but beyond that ... These rules are there for a reason... its is impossible to referee a basketball game at the level and speed without front numbers. I promise there will be confusion after a lot of whistles asking players to turn around to see the numbers to accurately record a foul, or the wrong player goes to the free throw line.

Additionally ..

H. PLAYER/TEAM CONDUCT AND DRESS

(4) While playing, players must keep their uniform shirts tucked into their pants, and no T-shirts are allowed.

(5) The only article bearing a commercial ‘logo’ which can be worn by players is their shoes.

I assume they will be re-writing the above 2 rules.

Does this mean we could potentially petition sleeved jerseys so they won't have to be worn ever again after this season? Rules are rules...

I don't see the problem. That's the stupid armsleeve James wears, not a mess-up on the jersey.

It's not really that. It's the fact that the jersey looks bad in-game, the sleeve looks like it's connecting to Lebron's arm sleeve, and the player model looks nothing like Lebron aside from the headband. NBA Live 14 isn't a very good game.

In the case of NBA 2K14 though, not even they can make the sleeved jerseys look really good. They got it much worse than Live, making them flat out look like t-shirts.

nba-2k14-screenshot-clippers-sleeved-jer

(Screenshot is actually from the Xbox 360/PS3 version of the game, though.)

bSLCtu2.png

Why people keep hating on Nba live..that LeBron pic isn't that bad. Looks pretty good but just not as incredible as Nba 2k

NBA Live 14 is a massive disappointment. EA has had so many chances and they blow it everytime. The game is sub-par next-gen title with an ESPN coat of paint to make things seem better than they are.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived