NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

Sooo what are the rumors for next season? Any new uni's confirmed besides the Hortnets?

rockets are getting new unis

Jerseys are said to resemble the current alternate style for home and road, meaning a little thinner on the shoulders

And a sleeved alternate

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, apparently all they are doing is making the sleeves of the current home and away jersey a shorter cut bc the players don't like the wide shoulder cut. Thats it. They are making the alternate into a sleeved jersey. Freaking weak if this all they really do. Now is the time for a rebrand but it's hard to find anyone with worse taste than Les Alexander.

no, apparently all they are doing is making the sleeves of the current home and away jersey a shorter cut bc the players don't like the wide shoulder cut. Thats it. They are making the alternate into a sleeved jersey. Freaking weak if this all they really do. Now is the time for a rebrand but it's hard to find anyone with worse taste than Les Alexander.

I agree. 100% need a re-brand.

A new era is upon the Houston Rockets.

Jaguars

so i guess they are taking the extra material from the home and roads and adding it to the alts to make sleeves in order to make them really comfortable in their regular unis, and awful in their alternates

Um, boston really looked fine in sleeves today

I went from hating sleeves, to not caring, to liking them now all in about a year

what drugs are you using, they are awful, nothing good about them, or the team playing in them, Rondo is the only good player we have anymore

Um, boston really looked fine in sleeves today

I went from hating sleeves, to not caring, to liking them now all in about a year

Maybe you should chill it with all that cheese.

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

There are no changes necessary for Houston whatsoever.

4 years ago I would wholeheartedly agree. But ever since the rev30s came along and took the shimmer away from the Rockets, their uniforms have looked really dull. They could use a change.

If they do rebrand though, I hope to hell they don't go to the McDonald's look full time. Red and white (and light gray I guess) should be their colors. No gold.

The Nuggets look so much better in the '90s throwbacks than they usually do. Too bad the Pelicans stole their color scheme.

Actually the Cavs stole it first when they wore their Richfield-inspired alts. And then the Pelicans.

I came here to post this.

i_zps70612068.jpg

The Pelicans attempt at this color scheme pales in comparison to what the Nuggets were doing 20 years ago.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Nuggets look so much better in the '90s throwbacks than they usually do. Too bad the Pelicans stole their color scheme.

Actually the Cavs stole it first when they wore their Richfield-inspired alts. And then the Pelicans.

I came here to post this.

i_zps70612068.jpg

The Pelicans attempt at this color scheme pales in comparison to what the Nuggets were doing 20 years ago.

And even the Nuggets look bad in it. I don't get the love for those '90s uniforms. To me, they were just drab garbage. The only redeeming thing about using them as a throwback was getting to see a jersey in an actual basketball template, with actual stiped collars and cuffs.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

In regards to the Rockets changes, this was inserted into an article by the Houston Chronicle ...and yanked almost immediately.

The Rockets brought their ketchup and mustard uniforms on Wednesday in Orlando and by next season, will show off a lot more of the old colors.

The Rockets alternate uniforms next season will feature the same red and yellow colors, but with short sleeved tops that the team will likely want to show off more than the five times they have worn the alternate uniforms this season. The Rockets, who will wear the alternates several more times this season, are 1-4 in their red and yellow uniforms this season.

The new alternate uniforms will not be the only change next season, though the other adjustment will be considerably more subtle than wearing sleeves. The cut of the home and road uniforms next season will be more like the current alternate uniforms, allowing for larger openings in the arms. Rockets players have preferred the feel of the alternate uniforms, leading to the change.

"We like them because the arms are more skinny in the tank top instead of the big, bulky arm things," said forward Chandler Parsons, who as team captain was consulted on the uniform changes. "It makes a tighter fit and makes you feel more free. And I liked the way the sleeves felt. I like tight clothes. So does Dwight (Howard.) I wore a t-shirt under my jersey in college. I like that feeling of having a tight shirt on. It doesnt restrict your arms."

NYCdog.png

Yes, those Rockets changes have been brought up. The removal of the article is odd. Maybe they don't want to affect jersey sales right now, or maybe they changed their minds and plan on doing completely new jerseys? The cries for a rebrand must have been heard over the years from clutchfans(massive Rockets fansite) and fans asking both Dwight and Parsons(Chandler has said many times he has been working on getting new jerseys and that he hopes they change soon) constantly on twitter or reddit about requesting new jerseys.

I for one can't see the current jerseys with a normal sleeve cut. The double stripes are too large IMO. The only way is to remove the space between the cut and the first stripe, making the first part of the cut, still there is too much gap in between to look right. Might have to remove them from the jersey top and leave them on the shorts? Perhaps a cut just like Orlandos jerseys as Dwight and Parsons like their jerseys tight, and apparently so does Harden. i just hope they don't make a home version of the alternate and just throw the alts as the primary road. Too much yellow(maybe better with white numbers). Stupid angled piping. And the script(tilted or not) and logo just do not fit those colors IMO.

Archived