Ravens to unveil all-black alternate set today....

NYCdog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
black jerseys were dumb- now they can look more like their division rivals the steelers and bengals

they should have gone gold jerseys

i really want to see a purple jersey on gold pants though

Puke smiley, party of one?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Black unis for the "all black" birds - Ravens are black.

Eh, they're ok. My high school-alma mater wears all black at home games, and we are the Ravens. My high school looks like Darth Vader. :wacko:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Collar vs. number drop shadow

jersey vs. pants

folks, these things should be EQUAL, not fighting one another!!!! Dammit! Be the same color! Its not like this is high school, this is the freakin NFL!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Oh, no. Not another Harry High School all-black uniform. B, B, S and S at the same time. It's the ABA logo of NFL uniforms!

:puke:

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

:wacko:

Why not purple pants? To me, that would have been awesome.

Speaking of that Underarmour commercial, does anyone else get the impression that those guys seem to be in a prison gym? If so, they should have got the real Ray Lewis to be in the commercial...

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Ray Lewis designed that? What exactly did he contribute?

Why, he contributed a lot! Black is a very unique color in the sports world today, and going with the all-black gang look is very intimidating. NO ONE else would have come up with that other than Ray!

Way to go, Ravens.... :therock:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I can definately see them wearing these pants with the other two jerseys as well, similar to Jacksonville.

Do you not remember there first year- purple jerseys and black pants- One of the biggest fashion mistakes in NFL history IMO.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

my ravens finally listened to me!

according to the washington post It was Ray Lewis's idea to wear the all black. He also contributed by telling them to make the pants ALL black rather than with a purple stripe. I like them, the most intimidating D in football should be wearing an intimidating color. I fully expect these to ultimatly replace the purple jerseys. c'mon ravens ARE black, not purple.

GO RAVENS!

:notworthy: i'm gonna buy me one of these ASAP

Azzuri.gif

I can't agree with going to all black pants - looks high schoolish. Some college teams can get away with "all color" pants, but in the pros.

I just can't agree with the Darth Vader Look. It's how you play that makes you intimidating, not what you wear. The reason for the all black is just like any other pro team - it's another $$$ maker. Part of the Business.

It just doesn't come off very good. Philly will wear the all green one or two games, I hope Baltimore keeps it to 1 or 2 games (hopefully once).

Also, if you look at a Raven, the luster of the feather is purple. Read Edgar Allen Poe. Go Ravens!!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived